Why Not Go To The Beach?

"So what do you guys want to do this weekend?" It was Friday night and both Uncle Seungcheol and Auntie had off for the whole weekend.

"We could always go to the beach?"

I raised my eyebrow at Auntie, questioning her logic. "In the middle of October?"

She sighed and ate another mouthful of food. "Fine." I laughed at her childishness and went back to eating my own food.

"Do you have any better ideas young missy?"

I looked up at Uncle Seungcheol and shrugged. "Not really."

"Couwd we go to a pwaygwound?" All the kids nodded at Jeonghan's suggestion.

"That works with me. We could pack a picnic lunch and spend the afternoon there." The kids nodded even more excitedly at my Uncle and he looked over to Auntie to make sure it was fine with her.

"It sounds like fun. Is there anything you want to do Sunday?" Joshua looked up at her and smiled innocently.

"Movie?"

My Aunt looked over at the triplets before turning back to Shua. "You want to go to the movie theater?"

He quickly shook his head and pouted. "Home."

She smiled so big it reached her eyes. "You just want to cuddle and chill?"

He nodded vigorously and smiled. "Before we have anofer to fit on the couch." He glared at her stomach and both parents sighed.

Uncle Seungcheol took over the situation and looked at Shua sternly, to where I thought I saw him slouch down into his seat. "You know you will love him, Joshua. That is no way to speak to your brother."

"Sorry." Joshua quickly looked down at his plate before picking it up and putting it in the sink. "I get ready fo bed now." He then ran off into the bathroom and shut the door.

Uncle Seungcheol sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "It is getting late, why don't you boys get ready for bed now." They all nodded simultaneously and quickly put their plates in the sink. I went over and released BooSeokSoon from their highchairs and stacked their plates on top of mine.

"Minseo, do you think I went a little too hard on him?" I looked up from the sink of dishes I had started washing to see the concern etched in his face.

"I don't think so. You've never got that stern with him before, but I think he'll survive."

A little of the concern left his face as he ran a hand through his hair again. A few pieces never fell back down, and were sticking up in all directions. "Okay. Okay. I'm going to bed now, goodnight." He hugged me from behind and I flicked a little water at him.

"Goodnight." He smiled and used my shirt to wipe the soapy water off his face before heading to his bedroom to get ready for bed.

I finished washing, drying, and putting away the dishes when I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. "Noona."

I turned around and squatted down in front of a crying Joshua. "What's wrong Shua?"

He quickly buried his face into my shirt and wrapped his arms around me. "Appa yelled at me."

Joshua cried harder and squeezed me tighter. "He didn't yell at you, he was just trying to make sure you remembered what he said by using a different tone of voice." I looked across the room at my Aunt who had just appeared. She was about to say something, but saw Joshua in my arms and just motioned that she was going to bed. I nodded and looked back down at Joshua.

I let him cry for a few minutes before picking him up and turning on the water to wash off his tears. He quickly squirmed away, like he knew what I was going to do. I sighed and got a piece of paper towel before wetting it. I held him tighter so he would stop squirming and wiped off his face.

"You know Appa loves you, so stop crying. You'll feel better after some sleep." He nodded and sniffled as I threw away the paper towel and carried him to his room.

"Shua!" Hansol quickly jumped off his bed and ran to us as soon as I opened the door. "Mommy got worried when she not find you."

I shushed Hansol and laid Joshua up in his top bunk. I quickly tucked them both in and said goodnight before leaving their room and shutting the door.

Auntie had tucked in the rest of the kids, so all I had to do was get ready and sleep. That sounds too easy. I looked at the clock in the living room and decided I had a few minutes before I should sleep. I was going to read for a bit, when I almost tripped on a toy that was left laying around.

I sighed and picked it up, only to find a couple more. I gave up and grabbed the bucket to walk around the room and pick everything up.

When that was finished, I noticed the table hadn't been wiped off and the floor needed to be swept. One thing lead to another and most of the house was cleaned, well at least the stuff I could do silently.

Now I can read in peace, just a few minutes though. I sat down and turned on the end table light in the living room and curled up next to it on the couch.

I never knew I fell asleep reading, until it was time to wake up.