The Eleventh Day of Christmas

Mingyu's POV

“Wonwoo! Wake up! It's Christmas!” I shook my twin and he sighed.

“I thought that was tomorrow.” I shook my head and he bolted up.

“Let's go check and then we can wake up everyone else.” I nodded and grabbed Wonwoo's hand to drag him out to the living room.

The tree was lit up, but nothing was underneath it. No milk and cookies were put out, and I ran over to check the calendar since we always cross off the days.

December 24th.

I looked at the clock on the stove and scratched the back of my neck. It was two in the morning, and it wasn't even Christmas.

“It's not Christmas, is it Gyu?” I shook my head and pouted.

“I thought it was today.” Wonwoo grabbed my hand and brought me back into our room.

“It okay, Gyu. Let's just go back to sleep.” I shook my head and made him stop.

“I'm too awake to go back to sleep. And I'm sorry Woo, I didn't mean to be wrong.” He smiled and grabbed my elephant plushie off of my bed before grabbing his turtle from his top bunk.

“Let's go in someone else's room then.” I nodded and he led us into our hyung's room. I climbed in with Hoshi hyung and Wonwoo climbed in with Seungkwan hyung.

“Who is that?” Hoshi hyung whispered when I climbed into the blankets with him.

“I'm Gyu.” Hyung sleepily nodded and hugged me into him. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.

“Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.” So Minseo Noona didn't read this right?

Of course she didn't, Gyu.

I shrugged at Wonwoo and continued to listen to the story Appa was reading. My eyes started to close as Minghao hyung played with my hair while I sat in his lap, but the thought of Christmas made them shoot open.

The story finished and Appa closed the book. He looked at us, and I smiled back. Of course I had plans to stay up and see Santa, but he didn't need to know that.

“The sooner you boys get to bed, the sooner Santa comes.” I gasped and I felt Ming hyung carry me into the bathroom so we could all get ready for bed.

“Hey! I can walk!” Minghao hyung put me down and got me my toothbrush. I pouted, but got ready as I was told to.

“Meanies, are you sleeping in your own bed?” Hoshi hyung asked, and I looked at Wonwoo.

Wonwoo nodded and Seungkwan ran to their room to get us our stuffed animals. I finished getting ready for bed and said goodnight to everyone.

So it's either between seeing Santa or Santa coming. What do we do Woo?

I climbed into my bed and stared at the bottom of Wonwoo's bed.

I'm still staying up, Gyu. I think if we just pretend to be asleep when we hear the reindeer then we'll be okay.

Can I come up to you then so we can both stay awake?

I was hoping you would.

I smiled and climbed up the ladder with my elephant in my hands. Wonwoo moved over and pulled the blankets back for me. I slid in and we both stared at the ceiling.

So, how long is this going to take?

Wonwoo shrugged next to me and we both continued to listen for the reindeer. I tried to keep my eyes open, but with every blink it became harder.

I turned just a bit and saw Wonwoo was definitely asleep. Now I have to stay awake to hear them so I can tell Wonwoo.

That didn't work out so well.