The Truth Comes Out

Jeonghan's POV

"Jeonghan hyung, come here. I need to show you something." I got up at Kwannie's request and followed him into Appa's room.

"What is it Seungkwan?" I watched as he pulled up a chair and grabbed a box from the top of Mom's old closet.

"Are you sure we're supposed to be looking through Mom's closet?" Seungkwan shrugged and opened the box.

"I just wanna show you something and then I'll put it back." I nodded and he pulled out the top photo.

"Who is that with Noona?" I looked at the picture and shrugged. I never knew Minseo Noona played soccer.

"I know Minseo Noona had mentioned Appa's sister once, and I thought it was her. But why haven't we heard about this?" I took the picture from Seungkwan's hand and turned it around to the back to see if it was labeled.

Kim Minseo- 7
Kim Seoyeon- 31

"Um, Kwannie, look." I showed him the writing and he furrowed his brow.

"Our last name is Choi." I nodded and looked back into the box to see if there were any other pictures that might give us some answers.

"Hyung, why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I knew exactly what he meant, but I had no idea why.

"I don't know."

I picked up another photo to look at it closer, but quickly dropped it. My mind shut down and my ears started ringing. All I could hear was the knocking on the door from that one night.

"Jeonghannie hyung, what's wrong?" Worry was laced into his voice, and in my peripheral vision I saw him reach for the photo.

"Why do I feel like I've seen this guy before?" Seungkwan tapped on my shoulder and I snapped out of my trance.

"Get everyone in my room. I'll go get Minseo Noona. But leave out Appa and Chan. I have a feeling he's going to try and lie to us." Kwannie hesitantly got up and I grabbed the two photos we had taken out, leaving the box open on the floor.

I quickly put the two pictures on my bed before running out to find Noona. I found her at the kitchen table doing her homework. Sorry to interrupt you.

"Minseo Noona! Can I show you something?" She nodded and held up a finger to tell me I had to wait.

I turned around and saw Seungkwan getting everyone into my room. Joshua sent me a worried glance, and I waved him off.

"So what is it that you want to show me?" I grabbed her hand and dragged her into our room. I watched as her eyes widened in surprise at everyone in my room and I made her sit in the middle of the floor.

I motioned for my brothers to form our circle and they did. My spot was left empty while I got the pictures off my bed.

"Okay, all usual rules of the circle apply. Since you're new to this, Noona, you can only speak unless addressed. Okay?" Minseo Noona hesitantly nodded, and I did a head count to make sure everyone was here.

"First things first, but it's the only thing we need to discuss." I passed the photos around starting at Joshua, and we waited in silence for them to come back around to me.

Minghao slapped his thigh and I gave him permission to speak.

"Why is there a picture of you with the guy who kidnapped you?" Minseo Noona's eyes widened and I nodded to let her know she could speak.

"Can I see the picture you are talking about?" I handed over the picture and her eyes narrowed. Jihoon slapped his leg and I nodded.

"Noona was kidnapped?" Jun slapped his thigh to respond.

"Two years ago on Noona's birthday some guy came and took her away. But now there's a picture of him and her." Jihoon nodded in understanding and I turned back to Minseo Noona.

"Why are you in that picture with that man?" Noona sighed and ran her right hand through her hair.

"I never technically wanted to tell you guys, but I guess I don't have a choice now. That's my Father. Actual Father."

Several slaps went around the circle, and it honestly felt like the longest game of rock paper scissors. Until Hansol won the match and we were able to continue.

"I thought Appa was your Father." We all nodded and she sighed.

"I'm guessing I have to tell you everything then." We nodded once more and I could see she was struggling. I patted her knee to let her know it was okay and she smiled a bit.

"So when I was eight, almost Jeonghan's age actually now that I think about it, I lived with my actual parents. My Father wasn't the nicest and he liked to drink a lot, causing him to get drunk." She paused a bit, and I could see tears filling her eyes.

"The night I came home from seeing Jeonghan the day he was born, my Father was very drunk. That night he and my Mother got into a fight, and he... He hurt her very bad." This time the tears actually spilled. Mingyu crawled over to her and sat on her lap to comfort her.

"In the morning, she wouldn't wake up. When I came home from school, I called 911 to try and help her, but they couldn't do anything. So I called my Uncle, Appa. He and Mom took me and and we just decided that we wouldn't tell you. I guess that didn't last very long."

Minseo Noona completely broke down, something we've never seen. We all crawled up to her and formed a group hug.

"Sorry Noona, we were just confused." Joshua wiped her tears and she patted his head.

"It's okay, I knew I would have to tell you one day." We stayed like this for a while, all of us huddled together. I had one thought running through my mind though, and I finally put it out in the open.

"You're still our big sister, though, and you always will be."