Only A Dream?

Jihoon's POV

I walked into a library with my brothers, and went to the back section. It was near the children section, but I knew it was mainly for meetings.

I sat down in a chair surrounding a giant table, but noticed something glowing on a shelf. I got up and walked towards the glowing box. Picking it up, I examined it and sighed.

All it was, was a glowing box.

Until it started spinning like crazy. In surprise, I dropped it and we all watched as it spun around on the floor. Eventually it stopped, and I poked it with my foot.

A white fog spilled from the cube, and a white light was emitted. I covered my eyes, and only opened them when I could see it had disappeared.

In front of me, was my mother. Her skin was pale and translucent. I reached out to touch her, but my hand went right through her arm. She was a ghost.

"Jihoon, my darling. I love you." A tear slipped out of her eye, and she reached out to hug me. Only to remember she couldn't.

"I love you too, Mommy. Where did you go?"

She sighed a bit and smiled. "I should have known Seungcheol wouldn't have told you yet." She paused and I tilted my head. What haven't I been told?

"Just remember, Jihoon. I'm always right here." She pointed to my heart and her figure started to waver.

"I don't have much time. Remember me and remember I love you. But Chan didn't do anything wrong." How could I forget you? But Chan? What does he have to do with anything?

"Okay, Mommy. I love you too." She reached out to touch me one last time, but she disappeared back into the box.

I tried desperately to make her appear again. But nothing happened. The box had stopped glowing. She wasn't coming back.

...

I woke up to the sound of multiple children running around the house. I sighed and stretched on the couch. I must have fallen asleep during a movie.

I got up and made my way to the nearest person to cling onto with my eyes half shut.

"Um, Minseo, which one is he again?" I opened my eyes and instantly ran behind Noona.

"This is Jihoon." Why is she okay with this man in our house? Minseo Noona bent down and picked me up, whispering in my ear.

"This is Jaebum. Appa called him and asked him to watch us for the night." I nodded, but stared down the man. I pointed to the extra kids running around and she smiled.

"I don't know why you aren't talking, but those are his sons. Jackson, Yugyeom, Bambam, Mark, Jinyoung and Youngjae." I buried my head in Noona's shoulder and shut my eyes. Too many people. Too much noise.

"Do you want some food, Jihoonie? We have chicken nuggets." I shook my head. I could hear Noona sigh and she tried putting me down. I silently protested and she sighed once more before whispering in my ear again.

"Jihoon, what's wrong. Don't you want to play?" I shook my head and buried myself into her more.

"Too many people. Too much noise." Minseo Noona stroked my hair and brought me into my room, shutting the door behind us. She sat down on Hoshi's bed, which is beneath mine, and rocked me gently.

"It's okay, Jihoonie. That was a lot of noise." She kept rocking me and I felt myself calm down.

"Are you hungry at all?" I shook my head and she sighed. "You should at least eat something."

"I'm not hungry." She frowned a bit, but kept rocking me.

"Okay. Do you want me to stay here with you?" I nodded and she smiled, kissing my forehead lightly.

"Anything for you."