Something About A Baby

"Kim Minseo, please report to the attendance desk." I sighed when the chorus of immature taunts went around the room. I set my text book down on my desk and waited for the teacher to excuse me from the classroom.

I walked down the hallway twirling my pen in between my fingers and stopped at the front desk. "You called me down?" The secretary looked up from her paperwork and handed me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Noona!"

"What's going on, Joshua?"

I could tell he was thinking since I could hear the sounds of the car driving and Hansol talking to someone next to him.

"What I say Appa?" I heard muffled sounds that I couldn't make out and I smiled at the secretary since she looked like she wanted her phone back.

"Noona? We pick you up soon. Someting bout a baby?" I gasped and started jumping around a little. The baby's coming! I stopped when I noticed the secretary was judging me and I looked at the ground.

"Okay, I'll hang up then and get my backpack ready for when you pick me up. Just remind Appa he needs to sign me out."

"Yes Noona. Byeee!" I smiled and hung up before passing the phone to the secretary. She smiled politely and grabbed a wipe from under her desk. Wow. Okay.

I tried not to run back to my classroom to grab my books so I could put them in my locker. I walked in and noticed everyone was working independently. Perfect.

"Ma'am? My Uncle is picking me up early. Is there any thing I need?" She looked up from her desk and smiled.

"You can just get the notes from one of your classmates tomorrow. Have a nice night Minseo!" I thanked her and bowed before quickly grabbing my books and heading to my locker.

I shut my locker door after swinging my backpack onto my shoulders and walked to the front of the building. Uncle Seungcheol was already waiting there and he smiled while half side hugging me, half walking me out of the building.

"You're all set. Your Aunt just got to the hospital so we kind of need to hurry a bit." I nodded and we both quickly walked out of the building.

Once we reached the van that was parked haphazardly in front of the school, I jumped into the backseat and Uncle Seungcheol walked around to the drivers seat and started the van. I tried to sit in my usual place next to the Chinas, but there was a baby car seat in my place and the Americanos were in the Chinas place.

I sat down next to Jeonghan in the way back since the van was starting to move. He smiled at me and squirmed around in his car seat so he could hug me. "Appa moved us awound."

"I see that." I looked around once he released me and saw where everyone was sitting. The triplets were all in the closest row to the driver and passenger seats and the Americanos were behind them with the empty baby seat across from them. Chinas were in the row behind them and Jeonghan and I were in the back row with two empty seats next to us. There usually is only three empty seats in our fifteen passenger van, but without Auntie, the passenger seat was empty.

"Nuna!" I leaned forward in my seat, but quickly realized there was no way that I could reach Hoshi.

"Yes, Hoshi bear?" He passed something back to Shua and it eventually reached me. It took me a second to realize what it was for, but when I did I couldn't stop smiling.

"Thank you so much for remembering!" I checked to make sure that there was still film in my Polaroid camera and I held onto it so I wouldn't forget. I had a picture of every single one of the boys as a baby, minus Jeonghan, and I wasn't about to miss one just because of school. I'm just lucky Hoshi thought of it.

After a few minutes, we reached the hospital and Uncle Seungcheol quickly parked and turned around to face us.

"Minseo and Jeonghan, I need you to grab BooSeokSoon. Americanos and Chinas, don't wander off or let go of each other. We're doing a twin system today." They nodded as we all hopped out of the van and I picked up Hoshi and Dk while Jeonghan held onto Seungkwan. Both sets of twins held hands as we walked into the hospital with Uncle Seungcheol way ahead of us. By the time I had gotten all of the kids into the lobby and sat them down on one couch, Uncle Seungcheol was already into Auntie's room.

"Noona?" I looked over at Hansol and he continued. "Will this take as long as the triplets did?"

"I don't know Han. I don't think so though." He nodded and I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I looked at Jeonghan and smiled.

"How are babies made Noona?" I sighed and heard a snicker coming from someone in the waiting room.

"Purely magic Jeonghan. Purely magic." He nodded and I got as comfortable as I could with Dk on my lap.

...

"Noona. It's been a long time." I sighed at Joshua and looked up at the waiting room clock. Okay, three hours. I guess that's a while.

"It has been a long time Shua. Thank you for being so good." I ruffled his hair and he smiled at me.

Almost as if on cue, Uncle Seungcheol came into the waiting room and smiled at us. He looked like he had been stressed out, but the smile on his face couldn't have been brighter.

"Everyone, there's someone I would like you to meet."