Wonwoo's Noose

Joshua's POV

I looked at the house phone expectantly and sighed. It's eight at night, and the five that left hadn't called yet. We haven't heard anything from them at all.

Shua, Appa wants us to go to bed. Come on.

I sighed once more and let Hansol drag me off of my chair and away from the phone. I slowly got ready for bed and climbed into up into my top bunk.

What if they call, Hansol?

Then the phone will ring, and someone will wake up and answer it.

But why haven't they called?

Probably because they are having too much fun.

I frowned and stared up at the ceiling. I was snapped out of my trance when the door opened and Noona walked in with Jun.

"Is that Minghao's frog?" I heard Minseo Noona ask.

"Yeah, he has my bird since we switched while he's gone." Noona nodded and tucked him in before walking the two extra steps to kiss Hansol and I good night.

"Sleep tight, Americanos and Junnie. I'll see you in the morning." The three of us whispered good night back to her, and she left our room and shut the door.

"The five that left are okay if that's what you're wondering, Joshua hyung." Jun whispered from across the room.

"How do you know?" Hansol asked.

"I just do."

...

"Shua hyung, look!" I turned around and saw Wonwoo had somehow made a noose out of rope he got from who knows where.

"How did you?" Wonwoo held it up and tried to put it around my neck.

"I made you a necklace! Do you like it?" I looked at Hansol for help, but he just laughed and walked away.

"Of course I love it. Thank you." Wonwoo made me bend down so he could put it around my neck and he clapped his hands.

"You look good!" Wonwoo then walked away and sat down next to Jihoon.

"I told you hyung wouldn't say no. Do you think he knows what it is?" Jihoon glanced over at me and shrugged.

"He's a soft cinnamon roll. The world is going to ruin him."

I slowly turned to Hansol and we both looked at each other with wide eyes.

Shua, Jihoon's only 3 and Wonwoo is 1.

I know Han, that's what scares me.

I slowly slipped the rope off of my neck when the two of them weren't looking, and tried to undo the knot.

How did they even make this?

Hansol looked at me and shrugged. I sat down next to him and kept trying to untie it until I heard Appa call for us.

"Americanos, can you come help me with this?" We both got up and I set the rope down on the couch. We walked into the kitchen and saw Appa making lunch.

"What do you need help with?" Hansol asked and Appa handed us a stack of plates to put on the table.

"I need the table set and drinks poured." I nodded and made my way to the counter to pour the drinks while Hansol started setting the table.

"Appa, where's Minseo Noona?" I asked, and he looked up from what he was making for a second to think.

"She stepped out to get some things from the store. Have you heard from your Uncles or anyone?" I shook my head and Appa sighed.

"I guess I'll just call and see his they're doing. Is the table set?" Appa's mind seemed to be running mile a minute.

"Yep. We're all set." Hansol responded, and I set the last cup on the table.

"Perfect. Dinner is ready!" I sighed and placed my hand on Appa's arm.

"It's lunch time."