The Fifth Day of Christmas

Minghao's POV

“Okay, who's ready to decorate the tree?” I raised my hand with everyone else and started bouncing in my seat on the couch. A couple cardboard boxes were on the floor. They were either filled with tree lights, garland, or ornaments. All determined by the label on the box.

Appa reached into the first box and pulled out the tree lights, passing them to Minseo Noona so she could untangle them.

“What can we do, Appa?” Hoshi asked, and Appa stopped what he was doing to think.

“Well, Minseo and I are going to put the lights on the top of the tree, but you can help when we get to the bottom of the tree. Pretty much everyone got up and stood waiting for Appa, and he laughed.

“We don't need everybody to wrap lights around a tree.” I pouted and Jun and I sat back down on the couch. Jihoon had never even stood up.

I watched everyone else wrap the lights around the tree with a smile on my face, waiting for my turn. Which came when we were wrapping the garland around the tree since Appa wanted everyone to help.

“Everybody can help decorate the tree with ornaments. But could you please spread them out and not put then all in one area?” I looked at Appa and shrugged. No promises.

Ming! We gotta make the tree look pretty!

I looked at Jun and stuck my tongue out at him playfully. He scrunched his nose at me, and I carefully reached for the pillow on the couch so I could throw it at him.

Unfortunately, he anticipated my moves and ran forward. Jun caught me in his arms so I couldn't move and hugged me tightly. I groaned and just stood there since I knew I couldn't do anything to stop him.

“Come on Chinas, I have your ornaments for you to put on the tree.” Appa's distraction worked and Jun let go of me, running to Appa so he could put the ornament on the tree.

I put both of my hands out and waited patiently for Appa to give me the ornament. He turned around and placed a green frog in my hands while placing a yellow bird in Jun's. Everyone has our own animal so we know who's ornament is who's. It also works for everything else.

I carefully walked over to the tree and carefully hung my ornament in a blank section. Jun went to the other side of the tree to hang his. The Americano hyungs had already hung theirs and we're walking back to Appa to get more.

Jeonghan hyung and Minseo Noona were helping the Meanies hang their own ornaments, so that meant no one was helping Jihoon. I bent down and he pointed to the top of the tree.

Making sure no one was watching, I picked him up and helped him get his ornament higher on the tree.

“Thanks hyung.” Jihoon whispered and I nodded. I walked back over to the ornament box and Jihoon and I did the same thing again. Eventually the Meanies saw what I was doing, and Jeonghan hyung started lifting them up too. I mean, Appa did say he wanted the tree to be evenly decorated.

The rest of the tree decorating went pretty smoothly, and we were all sitting around the tree. It did look pretty nice.

“Can we read a story before going to bed?” Hansol hyung asked, and we all looked at Appa. He nodded and Shua hyung ran to go get a book while we all crowded around Minseo Noona. I ended up in Hansol hyung's lap like always, and we waited for Shua hyung to come back.

We spent the rest of the night huddled together listening to Noona read. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.