A Friend?

Jun's POV

"Hyung, can I talk with you for a little bit?" Jihoon asked, and I nodded quickly. The five year old walked into my room and shut the door behind him before sitting on my bed. I dragged my desk chair closer to him and waited for him to start.

"So, this new student joined our class today. And he hangs around me and seems nice. But I don't know if I can trust him." I tilted my head a bit and watched Jihoon play with his little fingers.

"Has he done anything to make you not trust him?" Jihoon shook his head.

"He's just really nice and I can't tell if he's pretending." I sighed and tried to think of ways to word my thoughts. Which wasn't working so well since I'm not used to this.

"Some people are just nice, Jihoon. Give him a bit of a chance and if things go badly, just drift away." Jihoon looked up at me for the first time, and it broke my heart.

"But if I give him a chance, won't it hurt if it does go badly?" I immediately got up from my chair and hugged him tightly.

"Trust me when I say that not taking a chance hurts more. What's his name?"

"Bang Changbin." Jihoon wiggled out of my grasp, and I reluctantly let him go.

"A new student just moved into my class with the same surname. Bang Minho I think. Does Changbin have a brother?" Jihoon thought for a second and nodded.

"He said that he's one of seven boys. Do you think you could do me a favor?" Jihoon stuck out his bottom lip in a pleading pout and I nodded.

"What is it?"

"Could you be friends with his brother so I can see if Changbin is okay? Please?" I thought of my own lack of friends and nodded.

Oh the things I do for my brothers.

"Thank you so much, hyung." Jihoon immediately wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my chest.

"You're welcome, Jihoonie." He stayed in my embrace for a minute longer until a loud crash was heard coming from the living room. We looked at each other before rushing towards the sound.

"Oh my gosh." Was all I could whisper once I saw the scene. Hansol was on the ground clutching his foot while holding back tears, Minghao and Joshua were on their knees. Almost as if they were trying to form a human pyramid.

"What happened- oh shoot." Appa said as soon as he walked into the living room. Joshua quickly rushed next to Hansol and held him, trying to calm his twin down.

Jihoon and I just stood there while Appa unfroze and took a look at Hansol's foot. Appa winced when he saw it, and turned to me.

"Can you go get ice and an ace bandage?" I nodded and snapped out of my daze to quickly grab the requested items. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed and ice pack before wrapping it in paper towel and handing it to Appa. I was about to go find the ace bandage, but Jeonghan hyung had already found it.

We all gathered around Hansol and just watched Appa fix him up. A few tears slipped from Hansol's eyes, but Joshua was quick to hide them.

"It looks fine, but I'm keeping you off of it for a while." Appa stood up from the floor and Joshua let go of Hansol so Appa could lift him onto the couch. The foot rest was soon up, and a blanket placed over Hansol with his stuffed dog. Courtesy of Josh.

Dk just looked at me with a smirk, and I tilted my head in confusion.

"I guess we don't even need to go to the playground for someone to get hurt."