Third Day of Christmas

Hansol's POV

"Who wants to help with the cookies?" Appa asked, and I looked at Joshua.

Does helping mean eating?

Joshua shrugged and we both got up off the couch to help. But we mainly got up to eat. Mingyu was already in the kitchen sitting on the counter with Hoshi next to him. Wonwoo was on the floor with flour all over him, and Appa was running around doing who knows what.

"Are you two going to help?" Joshua and I both nodded, and Appa smiled.

"I just made the cookie dough, so do you want to cut out the cookies or decorate?" I looked at Joshua, and he shrugged.

Rolling out the cookies means we can sneak dough.

Shua's eyes lit up as he smiled. "We'll cut the cookies out." Appa nodded and got us chairs to stand on so we could reach the counter. A ball of cookie dough was sitting in the middle of a cutting board with flour surrounding it, and several Christmas shapes were around the area.

"All you have to do is roll out the dough, and cut out the shapes. I'll take them off the board and put them in the oven." Shua and I nodded, immediately getting started.

I rolled out the soft dough, and reached for the Santa cut out. Once I finished putting as many as I could in the space, I took the extra dough from around it. Turning to see if Appa was paying attention, I pinched and small bit of dough off and ate it. I smiled at Shua, and he did the same.

Who needs cookies when you can just eat the dough?

I asked, and Shua nodded. Our mischievous smiles reaching our eyes.

Seeing the container of flour on the counter, I reached forward and got a bit on my fingers. I made it look like I was about to sprinkle it on my board, but I secretly flicked it at Shua, making him laugh.

"What's so funny?" Appa asked, and we both turned around with innocent smiles. Minus the obvious flour in Shua's hair.

Appa laughed and brushed the flour off of Shua's head, but then ruffled my hair with his floury hands. Joshua laughed, but I wrinkled my nose and shook my head a few times to try and get it out.

After watching me struggle for a few seconds, Joshua reached over and brushed the flour out of my hair. We shared another smile together before returning to our job, occasionally tasting the dough.

Hoshi and Mingyu eventually caught on to what we were doing, and opened their mouths everytime Appa left the kitchen for a second. So of course, we fed them too.

"What are you guys doing?" Jeonghan hyung asked, and we smiled.

"We're making Christmas cookies! Wanna try some?" Hoshi whispered the last part and leaned closer to hyung so Appa couldn't hear. Jeonghan hyung's eyes lit up and he quickly nodded his head, before making sure Appa wasn't paying attention.

Joshua pinched a bit of his dough off, and fed hyung, making him smile. I'm pretty sure we only make cookies just so we can eat the dough.

"Do you want to help us?" I asked, and Jeonghan hyung nodded. I stepped down from my chair and let him take my place for a few minutes before Appa came back into the kitchen.

"Are you not done cutting the cookies yet?" He peeked into the bowl and shrugged before ruffling Jeonghan hyung's hair.

"You know, this was much easier when your Mom was here." We all nodded in total agreement, and Appa sighed.

"I just hope they taste as good."