Her Graduation

Chan's POV

I sat on Appa's lap and waited for something to happen. He was rubbing circles on my back to keep me calm, but I was fine, for now.

All of a sudden, a bunch of people came into on the gym in a line. All of them were wearing the same thing, but half were in blue and half were in white. Appa silently pointed out someone in a white robe, and I recognized her.

All of the people in robes sat down in a giant section of chairs, and some man started talking. Five minutes into the speech, I realized I couldn't understand anything he was saying.

I looked around the gym and waited for something interesting to happen. But that came after four people's speeches when all of the people in robes got to get a piece of paper.

I watched Minseo Noona stand up and stand in a line to get her paper on the stage. Once she stood up there, a whole bunch of old people started shaking her hand.

"Choi Minseo. Kookmin University. Sociology." Appa started clapping once she was handed her piece of paper, and I did the same. I had no idea what was going on, but that piece of paper obviously means something to Noona.

...

"I thought you guys were going to school." Minseo Noona said as soon as we met up with her.

"And miss your special day? What kind of brothers do you think we are?" Jeonghan hyung asked, and Minseo Noona pulled him roughly into a hug, tears brimming her eyes.

"Cheer up, Minseo! You just graduated!" Appa exclaimed while ruffling her hair. She smiled and I ran up to hug her. The rest of my older brothers followed, and we all ended up in a huddle.

"Thank you for coming today." We released from the hug and I reached up so Minseo Noona would hold me. She bent down a bit and I used my hands to wipe the tears off of her face.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Hoshi hyung said, causing Minseo Noona to smile even brighter.

"Hello Mr. Choi, little Chois, and Minseo!" Mark hyung said with a smile as he bounced over to us.

"Hey, Mark! Congrats on graduating." Minseo Noona smiled and Mark hyung started fixing her hair that Appa messed up.

"To you too. You never told me that you were going to Kookmin University though!" He playfully pushed Noona and I pouted since I was still in her arms.

"I told you that you had to wait until today! It's not like I knew where you were going either!" I watched the two go back and forth with each other and eventually Appa had to stop them.

"It's always nice seeing you, Mark, but the kids are getting restless. Stop in anytime you want to." Mark hyung nodded and bowed a bit.

"Of course! Bye!" I waved a bit and he bounced back to his own family that he left. Appa put his right arm around Minseo Noona's shoulders, and directed us out of them building. I'm just glad that I was being carried, because otherwise I probably would've gotten lost.

As soon as we got to the van though, I was set down so we could all climb in. Appa started up the car after doing a headcount, and I stared out the window at the moving buildings.

"I'm proud of you, Jihoon and Channie. That was a lot of people." Minseo Noona noted, and I smiled. Jihoon hyung on the other hand, seemed to finally let out all of the stress he was holding in.

"You're okay now, Jihoonie. They're all gone." Jeonghan hyung said as I watched him comfort Jihoon hyung. Once he seemed to be okay, Joshua hyung looked at the piece of paper in Noona's hands.

"What's the paper say?" Joshua hyung asked and Minseo Noona laughed.

"It's blank. The real document saying I graduated is right here." She held up an official looking blue folder.

"What's the point of the paper then?" Minghao hyung asked, and Noona just shrugged.

"I honestly have no idea."