I Tried

Minseo's POV

After the whole bathroom window incident, I have only gone through the front door. Which I didn't realize that it would cause a problem this morning, at least until I opened the door.

I made sure to be extremely careful with my movements as I walked past the pile of sleeping boys in the living room. Seeing that the TV was on, I turned it off and maneuvered my way around the bodies.

“Where were you?” I jumped and turned around to see Jeonghan sitting on the couch watching me. Dokyeom's head was on his lap, and Minghao was leaning up against him, so I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

“Somewhere important. Why are you all out here?” I whispered back as I moved closer to Jeonghan so we weren't talking over everyone.

“Chan was screaming and we all didn't want to sleep. We needed you.” My heart shattered. Of course he knew exactly where to hit me the hardest. I never thought of what would happen if they needed me here, but I wasn't.

“Does Appa know?” Jeonghan nodded and I instantly fell into panic. What am I supposed to say?

“Well, I guess there's no point talking about it now if it's going to come up in the morning. Goodnight.” Jeonghan nodded and yawned, mumbling his words while I walked into our bedroom.

“Appa! Minseo Noona is missing! I think that man took her again!” I woke up to Seungkwan's shouting, and I'm pretty sure I heard Hoshi crying too.

Yeah, I'm in for it now.

I walked out of my room and sat down at the table rubbing my eyes. I really could have used an extra hour. Or two.

“Relax, I'm right here.” I ruffled Hoshi's hair to try and get him to calm down while reaching for the cereal. The kitchen went kind of silent at my appearance, but that was not going to stop me from eating.

“But you were not here last night.” Jun said, and Appa lifted an eyebrow at me questioningly.

“Where were you, Minseo?” I looked at everyone around me and swallowed my cereal.

“Can we talk about this somewhere else?” I motioned to my brothers around me and Appa nodded. He started walking towards Jeonghan and I's room, and I mentally sighed. I guess we're doing this now then.

I followed Appa into my room, leaving my breakfast behind. He shut the door behind me and we both stood there for a second before Appa cleared his throat, signaling that I had some explaining to do.

“So, I was out working.” Appa's eyes widened and I braved myself for the questions.

“Where were you working? How long have you been working? Who told you this was a good idea? Why didn't I know?” Appa frowned and looked slightly hurt.

“I work at the all night cafe down the street. Since a few days past when Mom died. Mark told me it was a good idea. And I thought you wouldn't let me so I didn't tell you. I just wanted to help!” I dipped my head down and felt some unwanted tears fill my eyes. Appa stood in front of me and wrapped me tightly in his arms.

“When will you learn to let me take care of MY children?” I laughed a bit and so did Appa.

“I just knew you would never ask for help, but I knew you would need it. So I just did it.” Appa lifted my head and brushed my hair back, his fingers lingering a bit on the scar on my forehead.

“It's hard for me to take care of you though, if I don't know what's going on. I appreciate you trying to help though.” My eyes widened.

“Does this mean you won't stop me from working?” Appa shook his head, and I frowned.

“There is no way I can let you give up your sleep like this. Nor can I let you do this alone.” I sighed, completely expecting this answer.

“But we need the money. You know that Appa. Please let me do something to help.” Appa ran a hand through his hair and I could see he was thinking this through.

“Okay, you got me there. But I still can't let you work those hours.” I smiled a bit. Hour changes were something I could work with.

“I could talk to my boss, I'm sure he would let me switch. But what other time would make you happy?” Appa paused, and I knew I had at least gotten somewhere.

“How about weekend only, and during the day time?” I nodded, remembering Taehyung complain about the lack of weekend workers.

“I can talk to him.” Appa smiled and ruffled my already messy hair.

“You've grown up so fast. How could I let that happen?” I shrugged and Appa hugged me once more, but picked me up in the process and set me on the edge of my bed.

“Now sleep, because I know you didn't get much. I'll make the boys stay quiet.” I nodded, completely loving the thought of the extra hour or two I might get. As Appa walked out of the room and shut the door, I laid down and shut my eyes.

I was about to fall back asleep, but a thought appeared in my mind and made me groan.

I never finished my breakfast.