[ descriptions pt. 1 ]

prompt: if katie was asked to describe travis in detail.

words: 438

. . .

"He's, like, really annoying. I mean the epitome of obnoxious things. Sometimes he makes me want to throw up, and he hasn't even done anything out of the ordinary. There are moments where he smiles like Hades himself, and I'm actually scared of walking in my cabin door because I don't know what kind of evil prank he devised for me. 

"But there are other times where I want nothing but him. His sky blue eyes, his tantalizing smirk, his mop of curly hair... I want to be around him. No matter how infuriating he is, it's worth it because nobody makes me feel more loved and warm inside. He's helped me not only become a better person, but learn to grow with someone. It's the most beautiful feeling in the world to know that there's another person who knows you like the back of their hand, who knows just what to do in any situation to make you feel like you're on top of the world.

"Yeah, he's cute, too. I guess that's the most maddening thing about him, and he's aware. He's one of the cockiest demigods at camp, but I suppose he can get away with it. I mean, he's tall and fit and has a gorgeous face. Not to mention his dimples. But he could stand to be a little more humble about it. 'But I'm adorable' is his go-to argument winner. And yes, it works more than I'd care to admit.

"He's a good guy, though. Maybe it takes a little time to see it, but his heart is golden. He tries his best, even if you can't tell. There's so many behind-the-scenes things he takes care of that people don't have a clue about - he goes to the nursing home in Manhattan twice a month to hand out cookies he probably stole from the market. He and Connor have the strongest sibling bond I've seen, and he's an amazing role model. Plus, he's awesome with kids, and he sometimes makes rounds about camp to make sure none of the new campers feel left out. It's a side of him I didn't see until after we started dating.

"I couldn't imagine life without Travis, in short. It would be way duller, to be sure. But I'd feel like I was missing something, and that's because Travis is my light. He may annoy the schist out of me, but that's how he won me over, and I'm not complaining. I love him endlessly, and I know he feels the same, and that's the best possible piece of knowledge I could own."