[ angry kisses ]

i don't even know what this is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

words: 1190

. . .

They don't remember when it started, but it just made so much sense when it happened. They each had their anger issues, and they knew they despised each other, so what was the harm in taking it out in a... different way?

Was it enemies with benefits? Travis didn't know.

He was pretty sure he'd be totally up for it if they didn't have a burning hatred for each other, though.

Travis was thinking about this as he slammed Katie against the back wall of the Demeter cabin, his lips traveling around her neck. He had an intense grip on her wrists with one hand, holding them above her head while his other hand made a home on her collarbone. He tested a nibble on her earlobe, and when she gasped in approval, he continued in his endeavor. She gripped his curly locks of hair, urging him to her lips for a searing kiss.

This was a ritual for the two, meeting behind her cabin and muttering how much they hated each other between kisses. The more frustrated the person, the more intense their makeouts were. They started out as irregular nothings, but soon became a frequent way to distract themselves when they were bored.

It wasn't because they liked doing it, of course. They hated everything about each other. However, when you had an enemy who was willing to let you take your aggression out on them in such a manner, you may as well take advantage of the situation. (That was what Travis was telling himself, anyway.)

"You're - ah - you're s... so annoying," Katie stuttered through clenched teeth as Travis tilted her head up to gain access to her jaw. The way he made hot shudders race down her spine was infuriating.

Chuckling onto her flushed skin, he placed an open-mouthed kiss on her collarbone. "You're one to talk."

She grabbed his shoulders and turned them both around in order to have him up against the wall. Her turn. His irritating smirk made her want to slap a dazed look on his face all the more. So, she did what she always did to tease him: she led her hands under his shirt and up his chest, tracing light circles on his abdomen. He groaned, closing his eyes and allowing her to have her way with him. When he tried to put his hands around her, she backed away and smiled smugly.

"Nope, not yet," she cooed, savoring the defeat in his eyes.

Travis huffed as she pressed up against him again, determined not to touch her. She wanted to see him crumble, give in to her, but he'd never give her the satisfaction. "I hate you."

She plastered kisses from his Adam's apple to his lips, a breathy laugh escaping her. "Mm, hate you, too, Stoll."

The air between them was thick and heavy, queuing their growing hunger for one another. Travis dug his fingers into the boards of the cabin in attempt to distract them from landing on her. Katie's touch was like magic, doing all sorts of wonders on him. If he focused hard enough, he could remember that he despised the very thought of this miraculous girl. He had to keep it in mind constantly in order to retain his cool and avoid walking the line between "hatred" and "love". 

He really needed to remember that.

Katie, however, showed no emotion whatsoever as she tangled her hands in his hair once more. She was smooth as steel with her movements, careful in her actions. She was stone-cold while she sprinkled feathery kisses across his throat, but deep inside her she was yearning for it to be real. Little did Travis know, the feelings Katie Gardner had for him weren't all that horrific. She'd never in a million years tell him, but the moments they caught together were her favorite. She reveled in the times he had her begging for more, where she was in ecstasy because of him. She was crazy for him.

She had to get a grip.

For now, the two of them decided to ignore the impossibly obvious emotions they held in regards to the other. In the deepest parts of themselves, they knew the hatred was simply a mask for the inevitable, a way of stalling from the more real things. Dislike was a whole lot easier than appreciation. 

As Travis yanked her into a tight hug, just holding her to his heartbeat, Katie wondered if it would ever become something more. The two of them, together. 

Ew, she would most definitely hate that.

Or would she?

She should stop thinking like that.

Maybe if-

No.

She sighed into his lips, trying to forget her train of thought. Katie knew better than to hope. He hated her, and made it terribly obvious, even though they locked lips every other day. She'd just have to be satisfied with what she got, even if that wasn't what she wanted all the way. 

Nope, she wasn't going to even tempt her thoughts further. She didn't need to entertain any possibility of even having a passing liking for the son of Hermes. She hated Travis Stoll. If he was plugged into life support, she'd unplug him to charge her phone. She'd sell him to Satan for a corn chip. She hated Travis Stoll. 

Katie hated Travis. 

She just had to repeat it over and over and-

Oh gods his kisses are heaven

No!

She hated him so much, but not because she despised his as a person. She hated that he could change her opinion of him just like that, with a brief touch sent her spiraling into pleasurable oblivion. She hated him because she wasn't supposed to have those feelings for him, she was supposed to abhor his very breath. She had a hard time doing that when his very breath was giving her goosebumps. 

Maybe not hating him wasn't all that bad.

Travis, on the other hand, was fully convinced he was just in it for the physical feeling, not the emotional. It was only a sensible agreement, to harness their anger and use it for a more relieving action. It took off a lot of stress, doing this instead of plotting revenge on the other constantly. 

Although, Katie was gorgeous while she was gasping his name under layers of moans and gripping at his back. Who was he kidding, she was always gorgeous. Whether she was doing this or yelling at him for pranking her, he never failed to get lost in her. 

He'd keep his mouth shut about it. If she knew how he really felt about her, she'd never let him hear the end of it. There wasn't anything mutual about it, and he had to keep saying that or he'd stop caring. He was this close to breaking his wall of emotion and telling her everything. But he couldn't, it would end terribly. 

"I... hate you so, so... so much." He murmured, trying to distract himself. 

Katie ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him chastely. "Keep telling yourself that, Stoll."

He believed he would.