[ headcanons pt. 1 ]

this (hopefully) isn't the only one shot i'm uploading today, but i felt like writing these and i don't wanna sit here fangirling by myself, so i'm posting it.

these are some of my headcanons for tratie. i'm obsessed with each and every one of these and will defend them to the death.

words: 608

. . .

- Travis' hair is mainly auburn, but he also has strands of golden blond. They aren't too noticeable until the summer, when they lighten up from being in the sun. Katie loves it.

- Katie likes Travis hugging her from behind because she feels secure when he wraps his arm around her and pulls her back flush up against him. He also burrows his head into the crook of her neck, especially when he's sleepy. 

- Campers don't think that Travis is all that booksmart, but he actually really likes school. His favorite subject is English, and he majors in it in college. 

- Travis finds out that Katie's real name is Kathleen, and she never hears the end of it. 

- Katie is from a small southern town, and Travis makes fun of her accent all the time. She calls him things like "pumpkin" and "darling" to annoy him in return. 

- Travis' favorite kind of date is one where they're out in nature. The way Katie's eyes light up as she takes in the beauty around them is priceless to him. That's why he goes out of his way to take her to the forest as often as he can, because he loves admiring her peaceful state when she's with the trees and grass. 

- If a new camper comes to camp, they automatically think that they're dating. Even before they were together, their jokes and flirting lead on a lot of assumptions being made, resulting in flustered arguments to defend their enmity. 

- She would never say it, but Katie kind of enjoys the pranks the Stolls play. She likes seeing Travis so happy with himself, even if it's at her expense. 

- When Travis goes to college, he promises to visit Katie at camp all the time. She thinks he's just saying that, but he shows up at camp every single weekend, break, and holiday just to see her.

- Travis gives Katie houseplants as gifts for birthdays and Christmases. 

- Katie, in turn, gives Travis pranking kits made for kids. He loves them.

- Travis direly wants to name their son Robert, so he can be Rob Stoll.

- Katie says no.

- Travis plays guitar, and he's really good at it. He writes songs, but he can't hold a tune for anything. 

- Katie's hobbies include gardening and collecting houseplants, obviously, but one of her favorite pastimes is also landscape painting. 

- Travis happens upon her painting Zeus' Fist, and he picks at her art skill. So, she tosses her paint water on him. He flicks it back at her, and it results in both of them being covered in oil paint head to toe, being stained for days after. 

- When Travis proposes, he sets up fairy lights and music in the woods for a picnic. But halfway through the dinner, the skies opened up and it poured rain. So, Travis abandoned his romantic forest plan and proposed to her in the Big House as they toweled off their drenched clothes. 

- Their wedding is outdoors, in a forest with stone ruins. The colors are sage green and gold, and there are flowers everywhere. Connor is the best man, and Miranda is the maid of honor. 

- Travis cries when he sees Katie walking down the aisle of flower petals. 

- Katie cries when Travis reads the vows that he wrote himself.

- Travis has a way with words and, being an English nerd, has an extensive knack of writing love letters. Even after they're married, Katie wakes up to a beautifully-constructed poem or note next to her pillow every morning.