[ her vows ]

okay, i can't handle this fluff. it's too much. i feel like i should've made someone die or something, but i'm not that heartless. i'm giving tratie the happy wedding they deserve. 

also, definitely listen to "ready now" by dodie while reading this. i swear, i'm gonna use that song as my wedding song. it's so perfect. 

enjoy! 

words: 1417

. . .

Katie shut her eyes and took a steady breath. 

Today was the day. 

In the mirror, Katie saw an excited girl in the white dress of her dreams. Simple, flowing, bohemian. Just how she'd imagined when she was younger. The flower crown on her head was slightly too big for her head, so that the ends of the sage sprigs and wildflowers dangled in front of her eyes. She tipped it up as she produced the neatly-folded piece of parchment from the sleeve of her dress. What with how enthusiastic she was for today, she doubted she'd remember the words she'd written down. 

Today was it. 

Travis, I hated you the second we met. I couldn't stand how laid-back you were, how you never took anything seriously. 

Then you showed me how amazing it is to have fun. 

Miranda and her other bridesmaids squealed as she exited her changing room, dancing around her with giddy energy. These were her best friends, the ones who'd been by her side since the beginning of her life as a demigod. 

Piper had claimed that she'd stab Katie if she wasn't a bridesmaid, and Calypso insisted she'd help. Natalie had majorly helped her with the outfit, and she claimed that she couldn't have picked a more fitting dress. Katie agreed. 

She wouldn't have had it any other way, with her closest friends as her bridesmaids and her sister as her Maid of Honor. 

I won't lie, I got most of these off of Pinterest. Even as I'm writing this, I know anything I say after your vows will be pretty moot, because you probably covered it already. 

She'd known that anything she said would never compare to the words Travis prepared - his major in English wasn't for naught. He could build her palaces from his words, and Katie could hardly remember how many "p"s were in the word "apple". 

But that doesn't mean I love you any less. 

Sure, Katie was nervous. But she'd never been more sure of anything in her life, so her delight outweighed the stress. 

I was once so guarded. I didn't let anyone in, I closed everyone out. But you're a son of Hermes, so it wasn't that hard for you to pick the lock. I was terrified of you hurting me, of me messing things up. For a long time, I hadn't given into opening up all the way.

But I'm ready now. 

"You ready?"

Miranda hugged Katie, careful not to disrupt the cascade of curls running down her back. In the rush of the elation, Katie allowed herself to inhale slowly into her sister's arms. 

"More than ever."

As we grew together, I saw the different ways you helped me - you balance me out. You used to be the main cause of anxiety in my life, but you became the one to relieve it. 

I love you because you actually put effort into me. I love you because you've shown me a side to love I never saw before. I love you because you've made me feel like I'm worth something, and I love you because you've made me realize that I am worthy on my own.