[ i like you pt. 2 ]

hello again! i was too excited to write this followup, so i just did it. it's currently 11 pm of the same day, but who cares?

i didn't have my glasses on while i wrote this, so i hope my fingers remember the keyboard enough to where there aren't too many typos. sorry about any typos, lol.

words: 1350

. . .

Katie couldn't believe she'd just done that.

She told Travis Stoll that she liked him.

He didn't believe her.

She couldn't fathom it.

She couldn't ever show her face again. Once word got out that Katie had told Travis something that insane, she'd be done for. Wallowing in self-pity seemed like a viable option to spend the rest of the day doing, but Miranda had other ideas.

She rolled out of bed, unaware that Katie had even left the cabin yet. "Alright, everyone! Time to get ready for the day."

Katie groaned.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

As Miranda rounded up the little kids in the cabin, making sure they had all their stuff, Katie sat on her bunk and moped. Her half-sister glanced over and, when she noticed the look on her face, sat down to join her.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm just... not gonna go to breakfast. I'm not really ready to face the day yet, I guess."

"Umm, normally I'd be fine with that..." Miranda lay a comforting hand on her shoulder. "...But, you have to come to the pavilion so we can make sure the Stolls don't leave our sights." She shuddered. "It's April Fool's Day, ya know."

Katie rubbed her eyes, already tired of the day. "Yeah, I'm aware."

Horribly, utterly, vastly aware.

"Well, I thought you'd be happy to have an excuse to watch a certain Stoll brother all day long," Miranda pushed, and Katie shoved her playfully.

"Uh, no."

Miranda was the only soul at camp who knew about her thoughts on Travis before she told him. Now, soon enough, the whole camp would know. She'd made such a big mistake.

Walking to breakfast was a much more difficult task than normal, considering all the thoughts flying through Katie's head. She couldn't stand Travis - how dare he not believe her? Obviously, she wouldn't be pranking him. She'd never pranked anyone.

And, in the moment she saw him across the pavilion looking cuter than ever, Katie decided she'd convince him she wasn't pranking him.

She left her cabin and flounced over to him. Tapping him on the shoulder, she waited for him to turn around and greet her.

"Katie-kat," Travis chuckled, leaning forward slightly to meet her eye level. "Still on your prank? 'Cuz I'm willing to act oblivious."

"Travis, I told you, I'm not pranking you," she insisted, scrunching up her face. "I really like you."

He shook his head, clearly not falling for it. "Sure. I really like you, too. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some breakfast to demolish."

Even though she knew the words were satirical, her heart stopped and she sighed.

She really needed to sort this out.

During archery, Katie stationed herself at the target next to Travis. He raised a questioning eyebrow at her and she swooned to herself.