[ glasses pt. 2 ]

this part is in travis' pov, as requested by the wonderful reader @Marinafuso3! i really enjoyed getting into his mind and writing his thoughts on the matter. thanks for requesting it!

words: 1442

. . .

I adjusted my glasses with my thumb and index finger as I observed Katie, who crossed her arms in front of her and stared at the ground.

This was pure gold.

For the past two days, I'd pestered Katie like any other day at camp - but she reacted differently. Totally different. The second she saw my glasses, she'd become flustered and stutter her way out of conversation. 

It was awesome.

Now that we stood a few feet apart at the campfire, I knew she couldn't just duck out and avoid me like she'd been doing. I saw her, and she knew it.

"What do you want, Travis?" She stumbled through the sentence, and a corner of my mouth lifted.

"I just wanna know something," I mused. 

She subconsciously stepped back as I strolled closer. "What?"

I took one longer step to come up right in front of her, and she curled into herself. "I was just wondering how you look so pretty all the time."

A strawberry-colored blush crept up her neck and to her face, but she only whispered an unconvincing, "Shut up, Stoll."

"That's a tall order, Katie-kat." Normally, the nickname made her fume, but as of late it only produced blushes and hushed giggles. 

Her eyes darted everywhere but on me. "I've gotta go."

And she walked off.

I didn't know how to take the shift - obviously, it was because of the glasses. I didn't mind, though; the new development made it much easier to flirt with her. 

Obviously, I used it to my advantage. After she'd made fun of me for so long when I couldn't see, the tables had turned and I had the high ground. During the campfire, I kept my eyes trained on her. She'd steal a look at me and see that I was already staring, and she'd quickly busy herself with a pink tint on her cheeks. Every time I walked by her, I'd every so slightly brush my shoulder against hers. If an opportunity came up to throw a pickup line her way, I wouldn't hesitate. 

So, basically, I didn't change at all.

She, however, changed drastically.

Instead of hissing at me to shut up, she'd mumble it and look away. Rather than yell at me for being clumsy and bumping into her, she'd suck in her breath and freeze up. For every pickup line that she'd usually hate, she became a flustered mess.

Oddly, I found it adorable. 

I figured I may as well play around with it.

When Chiron brought out marshmallows, everyone smooshed together to be around the fire. I weaved around the crowd, thankful my dad blessed me with pickpocket-like stealth. I barely grazed anyone as I searched for Katie, and she didn't notice when I sneaked up behind her.

She stood with Miranda, waiting to get a stick to roast her marshmallow. The orange glow shed a light on her jovial expression as she laughed at something Miranda said, and I found myself feeling bubblier. 

"See your Clark Kent anywhere?" Miranda commented, and I froze. 

Katie elbowed her without glancing over. "Shut up."

"I'll bet his glasses look even more hot when the fire's reflecting off his lenses!" Miranda threw an arm over her forehead dramatically, giggling when Katie nearly decapitated her by swinging her arm round.