[ headcanons pt. 4 ]

let me tell y'all something - i love writing these things. i'm obsessed. so i guess you're gonna keep getting them.

the last one makes me scream and i can't get it out of my head, so just be ready.

words: 493

. . .

- Travis can't do math for the life of him. Connor is the one who wants to be an engineer when he's older, so he's the one to do trajectory plots to make sure their pranks go as smooth as possible. 

- One day, Travis tries to position a plastic spoon with a glob of oatmeal on it to shoot at Katie. But, since he doesn't think about the angle or curvature of his aiming, it goes straight into Connor's face instead. 

- Katie laughs from across the pavilion, and never lets Travis forget about it. 

- When Katie's alone, she sings to herself. Travis catches her in the act of it one day, and says they should get together sometime to sing. Travis plays his guitar and Katie is on vocals, and the Apollo kids swear up and down that they've never heard anything more beautiful. 

- Katie loves musicals - her favorite is Hadestown. 

- Travis' pet peeve is when he's writing and someone bumps his elbow. Usually, Travis is laid-back, but if you make him scrawl a huge line across his paper because you bump him, you'd better fear for your life. 

- Katie can't spell, since she's not that great at English and has dyslexia. She tries to write Travis a love letter, but he sends it back with all the grammar corrected in a red pen.

- Once, Chiron asks if the two of them can watch after some of the younger campers while he takes care of some things with Mr. D. Katie loves kids and expects to be the one ending up babysitting them since Travis is so immature, but he surprises her with amazing kid skills. He entertains all of them and doesn't mind being goofy and embarrassing to make them laugh. She finds it endearing, even if he drags her into it sometimes.

- When Chiron comes back, Katie pulls him aside and asks if she and Travis can do it more often together. 

- One of Katie's houseplants dies because she left it in the sun too long, and she's crushed. Travis buys her three to replace it, and organizes a funeral for the deceased Golden Pothos. 

- At first, Travis didn't hang around the strawberry fields to annoy Katie - it was because strawberries are his favorite fruit. Annoying Katie was just a fun bonus. (At first.) 

- True, Travis' favorite place to take Katie is the roof of the Hermes cabin. But what he doesn't tell Katie is that he's terrified of heights - he just knows that they won't be interrupted up there, so he suffers to be around her in private. 

- Travis works at a publishing house in Manhattan because he has to gain apprentice hours to work full-time after he graduates with his bachelor's in English. 

- One day, a woman named Sally Jackson walks in and says she has an appointment to discuss publishing a series she wrote.