[ ship it pt. 1 ]

i'm obsessed with this idea that tratie bonds over the fact that they wish percy and annabeth would just frickin gEt tOgEThEr ALrEaDy. i forget a lot of the time that travis and katie are canonically older than them, so i feel like them shipping it is adorable.

this is set during the battle of the labyrinth, when percabeth is 15. 

words: 1106

. . .

"I think we should focus more on where Luke's located than what he's up to," Annabeth pointed out, tapping her pencil on her chin. "We can figure their plan out once we find him."

"Great point, Annabeth," Percy commented, nodding eagerly.

She blushed. "Thanks."

Katie rolled her eyes.

Percy had already been through more in his short span of time at camp than Katie ever had in her demigod career, and she'd been going to camp for six years. However, he still carried a clueless stature and seemed to only pay attention to one thing: Annabeth Chase.

They'd never in a million years admit it, but they had painfully evident chemistry, even at their age.

"We could launch Katie in the air with a cannon and see if she can survey the land," Travis offered, snickering when she shot him a glare over the ping pong table.

"Or we could use Travis as target practice for battle."

Chiron sent them both a look that said to focus on the task at hand, and Travis stuck his tongue out at her. Katie harrumphed.

"I just wish we knew where they could be going," Annabeth thought aloud. "Imagine the possibilities once we tracked them down."

Katie watched Percy as he trained his eyes on Annabeth, nearly unblinking. He was so infatuated with her, and Katie found it adorable, if not annoying. She'd heard him swear up and down that they were just best friends when he was confronted by another demigod, but she called hellhound crap.

He definitely liked her.

"Hey, Katie-kat."

Katie looked over her shoulder as Travis sat down next to her in the pavilion for lunch. Her half-siblings eyed the two but didn't pay much attention, since it wasn't strange for Travis to sit with them occasionally to be with Katie. She grimaced and kicked her feet under the table to stir up some dirt in his direction.

"Go away, Stoll."

She'd never admit how much she liked their relationship dynamic: they supposedly hated each other, but really were more like friends. If she were honest, she'd say he was a good person to talk to. She'd spent so much of her youth years at camp declaring that she hated him, and he'd spent that time doing the exact same. So, when they both mellowed out over their senior year, they grew closer but the enemy label stuck.

"Watcha doing?"

"What does it look like?" She stabbed a piece of broccoli with her fork and made a show of eating it to show him that she was, in fact, eating.

He grinned. "It looks like you're trying to hide how much you're wishing some certain demigods were honest about their feelings for each other."

Her eyes wandered over to the Poseidon table, where Annabeth sat with Percy. She hadn't pegged Annabeth as one to break the table rules, but she knew her motives.

Travis leaned in and whispered, "It's kinda creepy to be staring at some kids from across the room, Katie-kat."

She knocked into him with her shoulder. "Shut up."

The son of Poseidon was a couple of years younger than her and Travis, as was Annabeth. The pair was only fifteen, but Katie didn't have to be a daughter of Aphrodite to see their budding romance.

"They're never gonna admit it."

She cast a wary look Travis' way. "Admit what?"

"That they like each other. Pretty darn obvious, huh?"

She shook her head. "Go away."

"I'm good."

Narrowing her eyes, she said, "I can't stand you."

He joked, "Then sit."

"We're already sitting, idiot."

Eventually, like always, she gave up on her halfhearted attempt at making him leave and returned to eating her food. The chatter of the Demeter cabin drew her in, and she listened intently to her siblings talk about their ideas for the strawberry fields that season.

"He was a hit at the Hermes cabin," Travis continued as if they'd been having a conversation. "Percy, I mean. We may just lay off the pranks on him as a housewarming gift."

She nudged him a bit too forcefully when he said the word pranks. "I'm still mad at you, by the way."

Travis chuckled as he recalled the last prank he'd done to her the other day - the classic Pop Rocks in the cereal bowl. "I thought it was pretty funny."

"Your face is funny."

He threw his head back and laughed gleefully, briefly making Katie proud of herself before she pushed the emotion down.

"Percy!"

The two quit their teasing to look at the Poseidon table, where Annabeth was giggling at something Percy said. He had an accomplished smile on his face as he laughed along. The daughter of Athena smothered her fit and stared at the table, grinning like a lovesick idiot but biting her lip to stop.

"It is kind of obnoxious," Katie conceded.

"Right? They're clearly head over heels for each other. If only there was a way to make them realize..." he trailed off, eyes lighting up with mischief.

She nodded along, but soon realized that she was having a peaceable talk with the Stoll. So, she frowned and threw a thumb over her shoulder. "Whatever it is, I don't wanna be a part of it. Go away."

He smirked, swung his leg over the bench, and winked at her before being sucked into the chaotic energy that was the Hermes table.

Katie shook her head and went back to eating.

At archery, Katie witnessed Annabeth trying to help Percy with his bow. As he fumbled around and tried to string it, Annabeth held it steady and patiently explained how to keep the arrow between his fingers.

Sickeningly cute, except they weren't together. They were "just friends".

Ha.

"It would be more tolerable if they were dating, but no," Travis said in a singsong voice, appearing next to her.

She had to agree. "It's as plain as day. They really do like each other."

Percy dropped the arrow he'd been fiddling with, and Annabeth ruffled his hair and called him a Seaweed Brain.

"They even have coupley nicknames!" Travis exclaimed, truly more upset about the situation than Katie thought necessary.

Percy beamed back at his "friend" and cracked, "Wise Girl."

Yeah, she supposed it was irritating that they weren't together.

"I have a plan," Travis presented calmly, raising an eyebrow. "You in?"

She went to shake her head, but something stopped her. That something being that Annabeth now had spreadeagled over his arms to help him aim. They were still laughing and blushing and not at all addressing the romantic tension between them.

"You know what? Yeah, I'm in."