[ who holds what ]

so, this is a very different style of shot, but i saw this ask meme on tumblr and couldn't resist. i tried to make each one like a mini one shot, so it isn't just a short one-word answer. the idea is that you'd send a ship name to the user and they'd respond with this.

words: 620

. . .

Who holds what?

1. The umbrella when it rains: Definitely Travis does. He's tall, so Katie makes him hold it above her to make sure they both have shelter. She probably uses this as an excuse to curl up close to him and tell him how warm he is. He probably uses this as an excuse to give her his coat and tell her how adorable she looks in it.

2. The popcorn at the cinema: Travis. Katie tries to eat some, but Travis swats her hand away so he can have as much popcorn to himself as possible. He proceeds to eat it by the handfuls, and every once in a while, Katie sneaks pieces while he's invested in the movie. She doesn't mind, though - he's like a kid when it comes to movie theater foods.

3. The baby when it cries: Katie - she's so nurturing and motherly that the second she picks up the baby, it stops crying and sniffles itself to sleep. She almost always knows exactly what the baby's crying for, and Travis calls her a superhero because of her uncanny ability to sense when the baby's hungry, or tired, or needs its diaper changed.

4. The ice cream cone when they're sharing: I can see one of two scenarios. Firstly, Travis. He insists on holding it to be "gentlemanly", but it's obviously because he wants to eat the bottom of the cone in one bite. Katie finds it disgusting when he fits it all in and chews with his mouth open to prove that he ate it all, but Travis thinks it's hilarious. The second scenario being that neither of them hold it because they wouldn't share. They'd just argue over who was getting bigger licks and who got the cone, so they just don't bother.

5. The remote when they sit down to watch a movie: It depends on who wins the race to the couch, and who punches the other harder to obtain the remote. 

6. The basket when they go shopping: Katie, of course. There's no way she's letting him be in control of what goes in the basket. Travis tries to throw in random junk but she doesn't let it near the basket. With Katie guarding the basket, it's hard to buy things for pranks, but they buy everything practical and necessary. 

7. The door, on dates: Travis. It's one of the reasons Katie loves him - when they go on dates, he's the perfect gentleman. He makes sure that Katie is treated like a princess the whole night, and opening the door for her is just a small part of that.

8. The other's hand, most often: Katie. I picture her to be touchy with him, especially since her hand is much smaller than his and she feels protected when she's holding his hand. I imagine that she's stubborn about admitting that she likes holding his hand, though; she probably throws out a million excuses why she has to hold his hand. 

9. Their breath, upon seeing the other on their wedding day: Travis. He'd always known that Katie was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, but in a bohemian wedding dress with a flower crown on her head? Stunning. 

10. The camera, when they take pictures together: Travis, because his arms are super long. He's able to reach the best angles, and he doesn't even complain when Katie makes him retake the same photo a hundred times because she didn't like how her face looked. He then tells her that she looks gorgeous from any angle, and it ends up being a whole session of Travis showering her in complements.