[ katie's interview ]

okay, here's katie's q+a! i only featured 15 questions because it was getting lengthy, so sorry if i didn't include yours! i might do a part 2 in the second collection when i start that. enjoy! :D

inspired by the wonderful grxceful-ly <333

words: 635

. . .

"Alright, we're on. How are you, Katie?"

"I'm doing okay, I guess. How are you?"

"Great! Let's start easy, alright? What's your favorite flower?"

"You said easy! I really don't know. I love sunflowers, but I'm also partial to cherry blossoms and lavender. And you can't go wrong with the classic rose - ugh, I really couldn't say."

. . .

"How many times have you seen your mom?"

"Only once. She personally came to camp to claim me, which made me feel pretty special to her. But I haven't seen her since and she's never made contact, so I guess not."

. . .

"Are you a cat person or a dog person?"

"I'd have to say cat... I love dogs, but cats are more chill, ya know?"

. . .

"Do people ever make puns out of your last name since you're a daughter of Demeter?"

"Ugh, don't even talk about that! Do you know how miserable Miranda and I are on a daily basis?"

"No, that's why I'm asking."

"All the time. That's the answer."

. . .

"What was your first impression of Travis?"

"Did he put you up to this?"

"No, just wondering."

"Well, we were eleven when we met and he yanked my braid passing by the Demeter table at breakfast. So, I'd say my first impression of him was that he was a jerk."

. . .

"What would you consider to be your fatal flaw?"

"It's really hard to be aware of your flaws, especially your biggest one. But, if I were to say, it would be that I have major trust issues. That really screws me over."

. . .

"When did you start to like Travis?"

"He did put you up to this!" 

"I promise he didn't."

"Okay, fine. When we were in tenth grade, he pranked this one guy who'd been hitting on me. It was making me uncomfortable, and Travis took it upon himself to prank the guy into the dirt, basically. It made me respect him."

. . .

"What's your least favorite prank Travis ever pulled on you?"

"That's gotta be the time he told me he was breaking up with me on Valentine's day. That was drastic, even for him."

"Wow, that's harsh."

"Don't worry, I got my revenge."

. . .

"If you could change your godly parent, who would you pick?"

"Probably Athena - I really admire the work that goes on in Cabin 6."

. . .

"How are you so pretty?"

"Is that flirting, or an actual question? Because, like I said, the last person that flirted with me..."

"Point taken, moving on."

. . .

"When did you realize that you full on loved Travis? Like, that one moment when you were like 'dam I'm in love with this boy'?"

"Alright, now I know Travis is behind this."

"For real, he's not! Just answer it."

"I guess... hm... the moment I watched him play with his little siblings one night at a campfire. It was really cute and, I dunno, I guess it was when I realized he was caring and kindhearted. I saw my feelings for him as more than just 'like'."

. . .

"Who's your OTP?"

"You mean One True Pairing? I think Percabeth. So oblivious at the beginning-"

"Hey!"

"-but I watched them grow up and get closer and... they're definitely made for each other."

. . . 

"Who's better at sword fighting, you or Travis?"

"Me, obviously. Next."

. . .

"What are your plans for the future?"

"Well, I'd love to eventually go to college and go into agricultural science. Biology and botany are my passion. My dream life would be working at an ag plant and living in a New York apartment with loads of plants."

"Anyone involved in those plans?"

"Besides me? Travis. Definitely Travis."

. . .

"What's your favorite thing about Travis?"

"He's so behind all this, isn't he?"

"I swear he's not!"

"Whatever. My favorite thing about Travis is that he can be really sincere, even though he's so stupid and goofy most of the time. When he's serious, you feel so close and trusted."

. . .

"Alright, last question! Can you describe Travis in one word?"

"He put all this together."

"He didn't!"

"He did."

"Just one word, Katie!" 

"Fine. Travis in one word is... rascally."

"Rascally?"

"Yup."

"Okay... I guess we're done."

"Travis has to do this too, right?"