[ scoundrel ]

if you don't agree that tratie is literally han and leia, then we can't be friends :D

i wrote this because i was watching star wars and cried over han and leia, and thought to myself, "this is literally a tratie moment waiting to happen." so here's this lol.

words: 1310

. . .

Katie huffed in frustration as she pulled on the lever to reengage the valve. She couldn't stand that everyone on the ship thought she was useless, because she'd just welded an entire valve system without the help of any of the stupid men on board! 

Especially Travis. 

She growled to herself again as she thought of him, and she yanked harder at the lever that wouldn't budge. That stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking...

His arms were around her.

For a split second, his fingers laid over hers to help her unstick the lever. But Katie wasn't about to let that happen - she shouldered him off roughly and harrumphed. 

"Hey, Your Worship, I'm only trying to help." His nonchalance irritated her beyond end, especially considering she knew he thought so little of her.

She tugged harder at the contraption. "Would you please stop calling me that?" 

Katie mentally cursed at herself for sounding softer. She should've yelled at him for coming up on her like that, surprising her, calling her that stupid nickname... 

"Sure, Katie."

Hearing him sigh, she knew he was still standing behind her. She didn't know why he followed her around like a dog, but she hadn't nearly gotten a moment's peace without him barging in on her. He was so annoying and couldn't take a hint.

"You make it so difficult sometimes," she commented offhandedly, voicing her thoughts. 

"I do, I really do." 

His smirk was evident in his tone, but it quickly switched to defensive as he shifted behind her.

"But you could be a little nicer, though."

Finally spinning to face him, Katie gaped at the rebel, offended. How dare he talk about her like that? He deserved nothing more than to be blasted with the Death Star. 

Travis only grinned at her. "C'mon, admit it. Sometimes you think I'm alright." 

At that, Katie yanked a bit too hard on the lever and felt a singing pain in her hand. She jumped away, hissing and rubbing her sore hand. 

Okay, perhaps that was true. He'd proved himself to be a valuable asset to their cause, and an impressive fighter. He was able to evade and charm, and he could've talked himself out of any situation if he had to. 

Even on a more personal level, they'd talked and grown closer. Though Katie hated to admit it, Travis wasn't the hardhearted barbarian she'd thought him to be at first. Sure, he was difficult to get along with at first, but once you got to know him on a deeper stance, he could've even passed as a mature adult. 

"Occasionally," she relented, a small smile on her lips, "when you aren't acting like a scoundrel." 

His eyes widened, entertainment glistening in his pupils. "Scoundrel?" He laughed. "Scoundrel!"

She wrinkled her nose and nodded, desperately trying to ignore how he leaned towards her and wouldn't back up.

He whispered, "I like the sound of that."