[ importance ]

okay, this is super short and dumb, but i wanted to upload something. this is a snippet i wrote for a cabin war on instagram, and the challenge was to write something on your cabin. i'm in the demeter cabin for it, and we decided to write about how important the demeter cabin is, because it's so underrated. obviously, since i wrote it, travis had to be in it lol.  

words: 295

. . .

"The Demeter cabin doesn't even do anything," Travis gloated. "We house all the unclaimed, we can break into literally any establishment, we can lie our way out of anything... I could go on."

He expected Katie to blow up and yell at him like he wanted, but instead, she came closer and lowered her voice.

"If you look around right now, what do you see?" she asked, answering herself. "Nature. Do you know who helps it flourish?"

He shrugged.

"We do. You get a fresh supply of produce for meals because of us – we work so hard to grow food for everyone, make sure it's perfect." Her calm tone scared Travis more than if she'd have been screaming at him. 

"And do you know that I would put any of my siblings up against a nymph or satyr when it comes to caring for the earth? We all love the world, and that counts for everything. The environment is what gives us life, and the Demeter kids are the ones who tend to it in return."

Travis scoffed, still trying to irritate her. "Yeah, a lot of good that does in a battle."

Katie waved an emotionless hand so that a vine crawled up his leg and yanked him to the ground with a thud. She chuckled at herself before walking up to stand over him. "Wanna say that again, Stoll?"

He struggled to get away from the vine, but Katie released it and let him push himself off the ground. "Whatever. See ya later, Katie-kat."

She smiled, knowing that she'd represented her cabin well. The Demeter cabin was so important, but so underrated and overlooked. She knew that even without proper recognition, her cabin was among the greatest and most vital. And her knowledge of that was enough for her.