[ travis' interview ]

this one's a little longer than katie's, just because there were a lot more questions for travis than katie lol. again, sorry if yours didn't make it, but don't fret! i'll definitely do a part two if you want me to, in the next collection i make. 

words: 799

. . .

"Hey, Travis. What's up?"

"Not much, I'm just here because Katie said if she had to, I had to."

"Maybe you'll answer more openly than she did. You seem to like to talk."

"Oh? And what about you with your questions, dude?"

"Fair. Okay, first question: what's your biggest fear?"

"Alright, getting deep right off the bat. Um, my biggest fear is most definitely not the dark."

"Okay...?"

"Yeah, totally not. Next question!"

. . .

"What was the first prank you ever pulled?"

"Ooh, that's throwing it way back. I was maybe... six? Seven? Anyway, Connor and me were at this elementary school and the teacher was so boring. So, we put ants in the drawer of her desk to spice things up."

"Woah, okay then."

"Don't blame us, we were kids!"

"That sounds like something you'd still do."

"Yeah, that's true."

. . .

"Do you ever talk about girls with your brothers in the Hermes cabin?"

"Well, I never used to, back when Katie and I were enemies. Every time they talked about it and I was in the room, they'd just talk about me and Katie. But now, they come to me for advice because I 'got the girl that's way out of my league' and they want tips."

. . .

"So, what is your relationship with Katie like?"

"I mean, everyone has their rough patches when dating, but honestly? Katie and I are kinda used to the fighting aspect, so I really haven't had any issues. Like, at all. She's amazing, I tell everyone that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm not lying. I'm so grateful for her."

. . .

"What's your favorite quality of Katie's?"

"Are there lots of questions about her in this?"

"Guess you'll just have to see."

"Alright, well... I love that she's so selfless. She'd put anyone before herself, and although I try to tell her she's worth the world, she would help someone else for safety before searching for it herself. She's just that kind of person, and I really admire that about her."

. . . 

"If you could be the son of any other god or goddess, who would it be?"

"Totally Poseidon. I mean, have you seen the cool water tricks that come with those genes? And imagine the fun you could have messing with people."

"Uh-huh, that'd be great."

"Is that sarcasm I hear in your voice?"

"Definitely not. Moving on."

. . .

"What is the worst prank you've played on Katie?"

"Oh, definitely the Valentine's Day I pretended to dump her. She didn't talk to me for a week, and then she released a string of the evilest pranks that even I couldn't have devised. I'm talking itching powder in the underwear type stuff."

"Yikes. Yeah, she mentioned that."

"Oh, no, you reminded her about that? Hello, torture." 

"Oops."

. . .

"Tell me something signature, something you do every day even if it's not that noticeable."

"That's hard. Connor's told me that I talk to myself sometimes, does that count? Nothing like secrets or anything, I just say stuff to remind myself or think out loud."

. . .

"How are you so pretty?"

"All natural looks, baby!"

. . .

"When did you start to like Katie?"

"I don't think I ever didn't like her. Pranking her and fighting with her was my way of getting her attention, really. I never hated her. Ever."

. . .

"Who's the cutest couple at camp?"

"Me and Katie. Duh."

. . .

"Do you ever feel guilt from pranking Katie?"

"Obviously. I feel bad sometimes if I've taken it too far without realizing, but she always gets me back somehow. Especially that Valentine's Day. Egh."

. . .

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID AND OBLIVIOUS AT TIMES? LIKE DUDE. YOU LOVE EACH OTHER."

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION. OR WHY WE'RE SHOUTING."

"ME NEITHER."

. . .

"Which god or goddess scares you the most?"

"Hades. Have you seen that guy? Gives me the creeps."

. . .

"What was your reaction when you won Katie over?"

"I really just... wow... I couldn't believe it. I was so happy, but shocked. When she finally said yes to a date, I suddenly felt all this pressure to make it perfect. I knew I only had one shot, and I couldn't mess it up. I guess I didn't, 'cuz she kept me around."

. . .

"Final question! What's your favorite memory you've shared with Katie?"

"Is she gonna see this?"

"Maybe."

"Well... this one time, I took her up to her cabin roof to watch fireworks because she wasn't feeling up to going out and seeing people. She fell asleep on my shoulder, and I felt this overwhelming sense of love for her. Like, dude, I can't even describe it. I wanted to protect her and to be there for her, but I also saw strength in her. She trusted me enough to be so vulnerable in front of me, and I couldn't take that lightly."

. . .

"Alright, thanks for answering!"

"No problemo, I'm sure you were dying to know all that about me."

"Yup, uh-huh. Definitely wasn't because Annabeth and Piper felt like fangirling over their ship, or whatever."

"I'm sure."