[ jealous pt. 1 ]

i was going to wait until midnight to post this so i could stick to my monday/friday schedule, but screw it because i love this shot and want y'all to read it lol.

this shot is a request shot of jealous travis! sorry i made it two parts, i felt like it deserved it lol. hope you enjoy!

requested by the lovely frathebookworm

words: 1433

. . .

Travis Stoll was not dating Katie Gardner.

They weren't in the slightest bit together in any sense. But, the way they treated each other informed everyone that they were off the market. Between the constant flirting and playful arguments, all the campers knew they wouldn't fall for anyone but each other. Most of the time, people forgot they weren't an item.

Sometimes, Travis himself forgot.

So, when the new camper sat next to Katie at campfire with all but pure intentions, they were all baffled.

"Hi," he began, settling much too close to her for Travis' liking.

But, since he'd only been at camp for a day, she only slid an inch or so away instead of flooring him like Travis thought she would've. "Uh, hi?"

"So, uh... it's a good thing I brought my library card, because I'm totally checking you out."

Travis tensed up.

That was his pickup line! Who did this kid think he was?

Some of the campers overhearing the conversation dropped their own chatter to a minimum to see what would happen. A few cast glances over to the Stoll, waiting to see if he would react. Fortunately for him, he was a master of covering up, so his face remained impassive.

On the inside, however, he was rampaging.

Katie's eyes traveled over to Travis. She knew that was his line, too. She should've been familiar with it - she was the one he used it on just last week. A glimmer of a smile appeared on her mouth at the memory, but it quickly vanished when she turned back to the kid.

"Um, nice try, but I'm not interested." Katie's face showed that she was uncomfortable, and Travis would've moved to protect her if he didn't know she was incredibly capable of protecting herself. She was probably just letting him down nice.

The kid - Brady, if Travis remembered correctly - frowned. "I thought that was a good one. Don't worry, there's plenty more where that came from."

Katie opened her mouth to respond with a much drier comment than earlier, but he stalked off to sit with some of the Dionysus kids he'd been talking to earlier that night.

Travis took that opportunity to slide onto the log next to Katie where Brady had previously been, and when she turned to him, she jumped.

"Gods, I thought you were Brady again."

"Nope, I'm the guy you prefer."

His grin spread to her face, giving him a feeling of accomplishment. But she soon rolled her eyes to look away.

"Whatever, I don't like either of you," she joked, and a smile still lingered on her lips.

"Say what you want, Katie-kat. I know the truth."

The next morning, Travis was tasked with giving Brady the rundown of the breakfast process. He'd been glad that Connor was taking care of the new kid mostly, but today he had to pitch in. Since he hadn't been claimed yet, it was their responsibility to welcome him into their cabin. Travis had steered clear of him since the campfire, though, knowing that he'd risk snapping at him. Travis Stoll, carefree and nonchalant, didn't snap at people. So, he kept his distance.