[ ship it pt. 2 ]

i thought I could wrap this up in two parts, but it's gonna need another one haha. so, sorry about that.

words: 1593

. . .

"It'll be a piece of cake," Travis ended the presentation of his plan, face already gleaming from the prospect of his prank. "After Annabeth receives the last love letter from her secret admirer, she'll have no choice but to confront Percy about it."

Katie rolled her eyes. "This is stupid."

The two had been plotting together for an hour, discussing how they could get Percy and Annabeth to admit how much they liked each other. Usually, neither of them cared enough to get involved with other people's love lives, but when working together, they found a common interest of Percy and Annabeth.

Katie had to admit that the plan was a smart one: sending both Percy and Annabeth anonymous love letters, presumably from each other, and seeing who broke first and confronted the other.

She'd placed her bets on Annabeth. Poor Percy didn't have a clue what was going on half the time in the romance department.

"I thought it was a pretty good idea," Travis defended, pouting dramatically.

"Shut up, Stoll. So, if your job is delivering the letters, why'd you ask me to help?"

Travis' face fell for a split second, but he recovered with his reasoning. "Uh, well... you can write the letters, duh!"

She shrugged, not sure he'd thought of that part yet. "...Fine. When should I write the first one?"

"Tonight, at the campfire singalong. I'll slip it into Percy's back pocket when we're all going back to our cabins."

Katie didn't miss the sparkle in his eye; the boy really did love his pranks. She would've been amused by his joy, but she remembered that she wasn't supposed to feel any positive emotion towards him, even if they got along for the most part.

"Alright, get out of my cabin. I've got work to do."

"See ya around, Katie-kat!"

Writing a cheesy love letter to Percy Jackson was the last thing Katie thought she'd have been filling her time with. She tried her hardest to get into Annabeth's brain and use the kind of big, frivolous words she would've. She made sure to include that they were friends, and that it "wasn't logical to wait another day to share" her true feelings for him, especially when they were at the brink of the biggest war at camp.

Finally, with the flourish of her pen, she signed at the bottom, "An anonymous crush".

Satisfied with her work, she headed over to the Hermes cabin to give Travis the letter. As with their ritual of eating lunch together, it wasn't abnormal for the two to be found in each others' cabins. Whether it was to yell at or talk to Travis, neither they or the Hermes kids took any notice to it.

"Here it is," she proclaimed, sticking out the letter to him.

"Aww, you already closed the envelope?" He groaned. "You're no fun."

"Why, wanted to read my romantic writing, Stoll?"

He smirked. "I know you'd be the best."

Connor wolf-whistled from across the room, and Katie and Travis simultaneously shouted, "Shut up, Connor!"

Just like always.

That night, Katie and Travis steered clear of each other. They didn't want to appear suspicious, so they distanced themselves and sat on opposite sides of the campfire. Strangely, that attracted more attention than if they'd have kept together, apparently. Multiple people approached Katie and asked if everything was alright. She noticed Travis experiencing the same issue.