George x Reader: Friends Don't

You were hanging with Fred in the boys common room. George was in the hospital wing from an accident with a bludger in the game versus Hufflepuff. Their beater, Eloise was really guilty and she was up there with him at that moment. 

"So, Y/n, truth or dare?" He asks you. You didn't trust Fred at all, so you said truth. Fred frowned at you, disappointed. 

"Okay, do you fancy any one at this school." You thought in mock thought process. But really there was one name that screamed in your head, but you refused to listen to it. 

"No." You answer. 

"Oh yeah, say that with this." He took out a very small vile filled with silver liquid. 

"Veritiserum." You breathed. You were rather talented at potions and recognized it at once. Fred nodded. "No." You said, because you wouldn't be able to tell a lie with that (obviously). 

"C'mon it's only effective for an hour." 

"I said no." 

"Okay, chicken." 

"What?" You asked him. 

"Well, you're obviously a wimpy little chicken, wouldn't do dare, won't take veritiserum." 

"FREDRICK WHATEVER YOUR MIDDLE NAME IS WEASLEY I! SAID! NO!" You roared, thankful for the silent charm that Fred had put around the two of you. 

"Friends don't insult friends." You sighed out. You rarely lost your temper. Only when someone called you chicken.(Hehe, Back to the Future) Fred pursed his lips looking down. But he pushed his luck further. 

"So you don't like George?" You blushed irritably. 

"No." 

"Friends don't lie to friends." Fred pointed out. 

"I don't like George." 

"Not even as a friend?" 

"Of course I like him as a friend, I just-ugh Fred Weasley." Fred looked at you smirking. 

"Well if you had nothing to lie about then why are you scared to take the potion?" 

"I'm not scared." Fred held up the bottle. 

"Friends don't force friends to do things." You muttered as you dejectedly took the bottle and swigged it. Immediately you felt dizzy and you blacked out, feeling Fred's arms wrap around you. 

"I'm sorry, Y/n. This won't hurt a bit." Then he began running out of the room with you in his arms. 

You awoke in the hospital with someone caressing your hand softly. You peeked a little, afraid they would stop if you opened them too wide. It was George in the bed beside you. Fred was between you both, patting your head awkwardly. You wondered if he put your hands that way. George was asleep, so you opened your eyes fully. Fred glanced at you. 

"Er, hi...y/n." He addressed awkwardly. 

"Fred." You said weakly, trying to glare at him. He got the message and stopped patting you.

 He bit his lip, blushing. "Sorry about, er-" 

"Fred." George groaned. Fred looked over. 

"Thank you for bringing Y/n." You immediately closed your eyes, pretending to sleep. Fred played along. 

"No problem mate." 

"But why'd you drug her?" Fred shrugged. "It was the only way to bring her in here after hours so that Elouise wasn't in here." 

"Friends don't drug friends." George told Fred, a small smile crossed your lips. That was you in his head making him say that. You were the only one you knew whom always said 'friends don't' 

As if agreeing with your thoughts, Fred responded with, "You sound like Y/n." 

"What can I say, she's always on my mind."

It had been a week since that day in the hospital. Fred continued to pester you about George, who still didn't know you heard their conversation. You were heading to the carriages for Hogsmeade when Fred stopped and cursed. 

"I forgot, I'm helping Angelina study. Have fun you two." Then he turned to leave. George shrugged and walked to the carriage, you just watched after Fred who turned around and winked at you then headed back to the castle. George stood at the bottom of the steps. 

"C'mon Y/n!" He called for you and you walked to the carriage. After going to the sweet shop, you were a little hyper on a Sugar roll and George was near on dragging you to the carriages to get you back to Hogwarts. 

"George!" You whined. 

"Friends don't drag friends." You pouted and pulled your arm back from him crossing your arms and leaning on the back side of 'The Hog's Head'. George reached for your wrist again. 

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Not doing back." You say, the sugar messing with your head. 

"Y/n. C'mon." He said. 

"NO! No, no no. Haha no. You got rejected. Oops, friends don't reject friends." You pat him on the head. "Sorry!" 

He rolled his eyes and you slid your hand down his arm until it reached his hand, which you took in both hands and started examining it, tracing the lines to calm yourself down. You didn't even notice his loving stare. Suddenly your other hand jolted up and smacked the hand of his you were holding. Then you burst out laughing. "haha, smack smack smackity smack!" 

"Y/n! Friends don't smack friends!" George scolded you, which set forth a new wave of giddy laughter from you. 

"Friends don't like friends either. Fred says George likes me. Nope. Friends." You say shaking your head sadly. George was surprised at this and he reached a hand out to touch your face, making you look at him. "Friends-" You started but George leaned down and kissed you, hard at first, then passionate. When you both needed air, you looked George straight in his big brown eyes. "Friends don't kiss friends." 

"I don't want to be friends." George answered you, putting his forehead on yours. "I want to be your lover." He said, and you kissed him again.