James Sirius Potter x Reader: Sound of Silence

Nervously, you stepped up to the station, your muggle father beside you. The two of you walked up to a person. Your father spoke and you stood behind him shyly. "Excuse me?" He asked the man. He had messy black hair and round glasses. A faint pink scar was on his forehead, it was in the shape of a lightning bolt. 

"Yes sir?" The man asked politely. 

"My name is D/n. I was wondering about platform 9 3/4." Your father asked. 

The man smiled, "Pleasure to meet you D/n. My name is Harry. Harry Potter. I'm guessing you're a muggle." 

Your father was a studious man and once you had gotten to Diagon Alley he had insisted on coming with you and he had bought a book on wizardry and the wizard world in Flourish and Blotts. 

"Yes. I am. But my daughter here is not. She's a witch." He said with a proud smile. He stepped away, revealing you. You ran back behind your dad without even a wave. 

Harry smiled, "Hello little witch. What's your name?" He asked kneeling down. 

You hid your face behind your father. "It's okay to be shy, I have a younger son named Albus. He's much more shy than James." 

Harry stood up and looked around. "Where is that boy?" 

You felt a tap behind you and you jumped, tripping over your cart and falling backwards, scraping your hands on the pavement. 

"Sorry. Did I frighten you?" He asked. You swallowed, not saying a word from the ground. 

The boy offered you a hand. He had wild black hair that stuck up in so many places it looked like he'd rubbed a balloon on his head. His eyes were coffee brown and he was shaking with nervous energy. 

Shyly, you took his hand. It was dirty and had callouses on it. He pulled you up and you stumbled clumsily into him. Stepping back with a fierce blush on your face you went to hide behind your dad again. The boy chased you. "Hey, sorry I scared you before." He tried to go to you from behind your dad but you ran around him to get away. "My name is James, what's yours?" 

You kept running around your father to hide from the friendly boy. It wasn't that he was intimidating, it was just that you were very shy. Talking to any one, even boys this nice was frightening to you. Probably because everyone of your friends had ended up running away from you when you did something weird. 

"James. C'mon you can talk more on the platform, we're already almost late." Harry told his son. 

James pouted. "Okay." He waved, "See you on the train." 

They ran straight at a brick wall, James far above Harry as if he had absolutely no concerns about running right at a solid wall. You flinched when they made contact, but there was no sound, you opened your eyes and they had disappeared. 

"Genius! These wizards really are something else!" Your father marveled, "Your turn sweetie." 

You shook your head in fear. "Don't you want to see that James boy again." 

You hesitated before nodding slowly. "Well that's the only way. I'll hold your hand." He offered and he took your hand and you ran in together. On the other side was a cherry red train with the words 'Hogwarts Express' printed in gold on the side. Your father kissed your head, tears in his eyes. "Bye sweetie, I'll see you at Christmas okay?" 

You nodded, squeezing your dad's hand and letting go to step into the train. You found an empty compartment in the way back and settled down. You were pretty short, so you couldn't get your trunk into the small cupboard above you. Suddenly, warm hands reached around yours and pushed your trunk up. It was James.