Oliver Wood x Reader: Just Like Me

"Even I must say, a great save by Slytherin Captain Flint. She passes to Chaser Flint. Flint takes a shot, an excellent block by Gryffindor keeper Wood. 

"The quaffle soars right into Captain Flint's hands. Oh no! Harry's been hit by a bludger! Call a time out Wood! That can't be allowed Madame Pince! Uh oh! Looks like Draco's been hit by the other one. Both seekers are going down! Oh look at that, both their captains abandoning their posts to save their keepers. They're going down fast." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You held Harry in your arms and walked towards the Hospital Wing. You got there just in time to see Wood setting Draco on a hospital bed. You set Hary down beside him. "Where's Pomfrey?" You asked at the same time as him. "You first." You both laughed it off. 

"Apparently neither of us knows." You sighed and looked down at Draco.

 "I wouldn't have let him join the team you know." Wood started.

"What is that supposed to mean?" You asked defensively.

"Oh come on Flint, everyone knows that Draco bought his way on to the team." 

"Well, for your information, Wood I wouldn't have. But I let my team vote. It was my brother who let him on." 

"But you're Captain." He argued. 

"Exactly, I'm Captain. So why are you butting in my business. He's my seeker until tryouts next year, and even then he might make it back on the team." You said angrily. 

"He doesn't have the skill, your head is confunded." He told you. 

"How dare you, it seems like we're evenly matched, if Draco has no skill then neither does Harry."

"Harry's talent is obvious to everyone."

"Well if I'm not mistaken he's ended up here, same as Draco." You argued.

Wood sputtered, clearly flustered. You lifted your chin and stomped out. Wood, sewing no other way, did the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me Wood, but the field is ours today, we booked it last night to get Draco back in playing shape." You told him trying to be diplomatic.

"Sorry Flint, but we all know that's not true. I booked it last night to get Harry back in playing shape." He said, gritting his teeth. All your players were on edge, Harry and Draco were glaring at each other. The Weasley twins, Vincent and Gregory were all sizing each other up. Wood's girls sent judgemental looks in the direction of your boys. Suddenly as you and Wood continued arguing all the tension ceases between both your teams. You didn't realize, but while you and Wood were quarreling, the two rival teams had begun scrimmaging. 

"C'mon Cap, join us!" One of the twins called to Wood, breaking the heat of the argument. 

"Yeah, lets go sis, this'll be the best practice we can get." Marcus called down to you.

You and Wood looked up at your teams, then at each other then back at your teams. "Really, with them?!" The two of you said at the same time in the same astonished tone. 

Both Marcus and Weasley rolled their eyes. You and Wood kicked off and headed towards your respective goal posts. 

First shot was made by Johnson. You blocked it with ease and tossed it to Graham. "Thanks Cap!" He called as he soared. Passing to Adrian when he got to the posts. Wood kicked it away, aiming his kick towards Spinnet. But was caught midair by your brother. 

By the end of the game both teams were sweaty and 3/4 of the players bleeding. It was rough for a scrimmage, but there was no ref to make it not so. It was probably a good thing that both the Gryffindor team and the Slytherin team preferred it rough. "Pretty fun, eh Olly?" Wood blushes at the use of his nickname.