James Potter x Reader: You're snow fun

Christmas at Hogwarts was wonderful as always. The only Gryffindors that were left were you, Remus, James and Sirius. Peter went away for the holiday. One Ravenclaw, no Hufflepuffs and three Slytherins that just happened to be Lucius Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. 

You were walking with James and Sirius down to the snow covered grounds. Suddenly James took off in a run. "James?" You called after him, beginning to run. You didn't even notice Sirius slip away. 

You lost him around a corner. "James?! James?!" You called him but he didn't come. 

"Great." You sighed. "Now I'm out in the cold alone." You shivered looking around at your surroundings. 

Somehow you had made your way into the forbidden forest. "James Potter." You whispered. You sat down on a rock, head in your hands. You yawned and were about to fall asleep when a sharp cold spread along your shoulder. 

"Ow! What in Merlin~" Another snowball hit your knee. This time you saw where it was coming from. You charmed some snow to ball themselves up and lodge them in the direction of the mystery attacker. 

"Ow ow ow!" The person said  whilst getting hit repeatedly with your charmed snow. "Mercy!" He cried and you caught a glimpse of his messy black hair, not a single strand in place. 

He was running in circles towards you, trying to dodge your perfect snowballs. "That's what you get for surprise attacking me." You giggled then put a hand over your mouth. 

You stopped pelting snowballs at him when all the snow around your rock was gone to see the wet grass. 

James walked slowly closer to you, a mischievous glint in his caramel brown eyes. "James?" You asked him, trying not to smile. He didn't stop, he bit his lip, his eyes flickered to your lips then up to your eyes again. You blushed a shade of light pink. He stopped in front of you and offered his hand, you took it and he helped you up. You were now standing so close to him you could feel his breath on your forehead. He still held your right hand in his left, gently rubbing circles on the back. Finally you looked up at him and saw a look in his eye you hadn't recognized until now as a deep passionate love. 

He drew his left hand up to touch your face gently, somehow in the cold his hand was still warm, slowly and cautiously he kissed you and you kissed him back. 

Soon you broke the kiss and stepped away from him, he frowned. "Hey..." 

You smiled at him. "Nope. You threw a snowball at me." 

"Well if I hadn't then this never would've happened." He gestured between the two of you and you blushed. 

"Who said that there was a 'this'" You said with a smirk. 

Seeing his crestfallen expression, you laughed. "Race you back to the castle." You took off in a run. 

"Hey no fair!" He exclaimed chasing after you with a smile. 

You beat him back, and stood on a step higher than his. You kissed his forehead. "There. That makes you mine." You said before skipping up the other steps. 

"Hey! You're just going to leave me?" 

"Yup." You called down to him. 

"You're snow fun." He said and you laughed before slipping into the warm castle.