James Potter x Reader: Getting Out of Trouble Part 3

Although the day hadn't started out well, it had ended pretty well. We skipped stones until the sun was setting. "Oh no, James did you have quidditch today?" You asked worriedly.

"I cancelled it. I knew you wouldn't be too happy trailing along with me after the day we had." He explained. You smiled, maybe this whole handcuffs thing really was working. Suddenly your smile faded and you glanced down at the handcuffs, worried they'd leave. But for some reason they didn't, even though it seemed as though James had learned his lesson. 

Then you remembered that you had a lesson to learn as well, however you didn't know what that was. "Thanks." You told him as you walked up, James grabbed your book out of your hands. "James-" You started hesitantly, trying to cool your rising temper. 

"I'll carry it for you, your arms probably hurt worse than mine." He said, and he was right, your arms were pretty sore. 

"Okay, thank you." His smile was barely visible in the fading light. 

The two of you made it in for the late dinner. You sat by Remus, whom you hadn't seen the whole day. For the first time you noticed the jealous looks your old roommates were giving you. "Hey Remus, haven't seen you all day. What have you been up to?" 

"Oh not much," his eyes landed on James, "Where'd you get the shirt James?" He asked with a confused expression on his face. 

"Er, Sirius...wait how'd you know I'd lost my shirts?" James asked suspiciously. 

Remus went bright red, "Er, em, Alice pass the pudding please." He called to Alice Prewett. 

Alice did so and Remus started eating one. "Remus..." You started. 

Remus swallowed, "Okay, fine. I took the shirts." 

"Why in the name of Merlin?" James stated. 

"Because, I thought it would make you guys less awkward with each other if James went around the whole day without a shirt." 

"Why the bloody hell would you think that?" You asked. 

James stared at you, "Y/n...did you just curse?" He asked. 

"Can it James." You ordered. 

Remus chuckled, "Looks like you didn't need it." 

You rolled your eyes, "It's a good thing too. We expect the shirts back by tomorrow morning. I thin that the one James is wearing, is Sirius' only clean shirt. I doubt Peter has any without sauce stains on them and you probably hide yours for that reason." 

"Sounds logical." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night after brushing your teeth and getting your pjs on, you and James decided to move your clothes into the empty trunk in the boys' room. There was an empty bed, but it was across the room from James' and all the boys refused to move for you. You knew that by now Remus shipped the both of you and you were almost positive that Peter was beginning to. 

You slipped into bed and couldn't find a comfortable position besides one turned towards James, so for the sake of sleep-and ONLY for the sake of sleep, you turned towards him. Your face was dangerously close to his warm chest, your arms were pulled up to your chest and your legs were crossed, one of James' legs brushed against yours. He started snoring lightly and you fell asleep. 

James' pov

I knew Y/n wouldn't fall asleep unless she knew I was asleep, so I acted as though I was. Steadying my breathing and fake snoring lightly. As she finally fell asleep, her face pressed against my chest and I was too scared of waking her to move. I knew she hadn't gotten any sleep last night, so tonight it would be my turn. After the past two days, I had grown to care for the pretty girl. I almost wished that we'd be together this often without handcuffs.