Harry Potter x Reader: Reputation

It was not fair! Just because you were Colin Creevey's twin sister seemed to mean that everyone thought the two of you were younger than the others in your year. You were not as immature as your brother and you had to prove that to everyone. 

"Colin would you stop bugging Harry all the time! He's getting annoyed at you!" You whined. 

"What d'you know? I happen to be Harry's biggest fan and I have to prove it." Colin retaliated. 

"We're in our 5th year Colin, act your age!" You ordered.

"Stop bossing me around." 

"I'll stop bossing you around when you stop acting like a bloody 1st year." Then you stomped out of the common room. 

~~~

Ever since your fight with Colin, you hadn't seen him around, but that also meant that people were starting to forget that Colin and you were even twins. You didn't look alike, and from 1st to 4th year, you'd stuck together for the most part. But since that fight, you'd made new friends and although you knew you'd have to see your brother again at the end of the school year, at least you had a new reputation. Not tainted by your brother's childishness. 

You even made new friends with Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil. One day, you Parvati and Lavender were walking down to the quidditch pitch, Lavender was insisting on watching the tryouts for Ron and Parvati was coming to watch you try out for chaser. You'd played quidditch with Colin a few times, but never on a team. It was nerve racking, especially since Ginny Weasley was going to be a chaser with you. 

You scored multiple times on Ron, meanwhile Ginny was scoring on Cormac. Both boys were just about tied. Harry called from the field, "Ginny, switch with Y/n." 

Ron waved at you with a distracted smile on his face. You sped over to Cormac and immediately scored on him. "Good shot L/n. Hey you know Granger right? Mind introducing me?" You rolled your eyes and made a lap around the field before flipping around and shooting the quaffle, which Cormac caught and sent flying. 

"Nice catch McLaggen."

"Thanks L/n." 

~~~

After tryouts Harry said that he'd get back to us on our positions. 

Ron caught you alone afterwards. "Hey Y/n, good job out there today." 

"Thanks Ron, you didn't do so bad either." 

"Reckon Cormac did better than me?" He asked. 

"Nah, he was too...distracted by Hermione." 

"He was asking me about her earlier." Ron paused, "Hey Y/n?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Do you have a date to Hogsmeade?" He asked. 

Just then Harry came up between you, "Of course not, she's too young to date." He said swinging an arm over each of your shoulders. 

Ron's face burned, "Right, that's why I was asking." He agreed. 

Harry nodded and ruffled your hair, "Right Y/n?" 

You shoved his hand off of you, "No. As a matter of fact I do have a date to Hogsmeade Potter." 

Harry was taken aback, "And who would that be?" 

"S'none of your business." You said and you ran off to find Lavender and Parvati.

~~~

"You what?!" Lavender screeched. 

"Yeah, so any ideas?" You asked. 

"For dates?" Parvati asked, "Neville might be open." 

"Be serious Parvati." You said. 

"I am serious." 

"Harry would just take him away because he's a year older than me remember?" 

"Maybe he's jealous." Lavender suggested. 

That made you think, and just then Neville walked in. "Hey Neville!" You called. 

Neville jumped a light blush creeped up his cheeks, "Do you have a date for Hogsmeade?" 

"N-no." He stuttered. 

"Great! We can go together then, yeah?" 

"S-s-sure." 

You gave him a smile and he nodded, tripping over his feet to get to his dormitory. 

"Well so much for not being serious." Parvati mumbled. 

"I didn't mean it like that. Neville's fine, he's nice." 

Lavender nodded, "That's the attitude." 

~~~

The next day, quidditch tryouts were posted on the wall. You and Ginny had both made the team along with Katie Bell. Ron was keeper and Fred and George were beaters. You turned around to tell Colin and noticed he wasn't there. Then you realized he hadn't even been photographing the tryouts, why wouldn't he be here. You turned to Ginny, "Do you know where Colin is?" 

Ginny frowned and shook her head, "No, it's strange isn't it. I haven't seen him in a while." 

You were starting to get worried. You made your way out of the crowd and ran right into Neville. "Sorry."

"Oh, hey Y/n, where are you going? Did you make the team?"

"Er, yeah. Sorry Neville can't talk now gotta find Colin." 

"I'll help you look." Neville offered. 

"You know what? Thanks." Then the two of you headed out. 

"I'll check his favorite places that would be the quidditch pitch, the astronomy tower, the owlery and Gryffindor Common Room. Obviously we can check that last one of the list. So let's start with the quidditch pitch." 

Neville nodded and followed you to the quidditch pitch. Not a single soul was sitting at the bleachers and no one was practicing today, except one lone Gryffindor. You watched him soar. 

"C'mon Y/n, Colin." Neville reminded you. 

"Right." Suddenly the boy came down beside you two. 

"Hey Y/n, Neville. Is this the date you were talking about? Neville don't you think Y/n's a little too young to date?" Harry asked and you huffed. 

"W-well, G-g-ginny has a boyfriend." Neville stuttered. 

"Thank you! See Harry, Ginny has a boyfriend and we're the same age. Look Potter, I'm 15, definitely old enough to-" Suddenly Harry cut you off with a kiss and a flash went off. 

Colin had appeared beside you, him, Neville and Harry were smiling. 

"Wait, what's going on? Neville are you in on this?" 

Harry answered, "Yes, he is. The other day when I heard Ron asking you about Hogsmeade, it made me realize that I wasn't a creep or anything to like a girl younger than me. So I got your brother in on it so that you'd look for him and find me. Then I got Neville in on it to point it out that Ginny has a boyfriend our age so that you knew it was fine to have an older boyfriend. I guess that wasn't really necessary. But..." 

You shook your head, "You could've just asked me out." 

Then Ron came up from behind you, "But that wouldn't have been nearly as fun." 

~~~

A/n, I did not think I'd finish this before school. But look at that, I did! So, I hope you like it. Requests are always open and I try to update Monday-Friday mornings. Summer is coming up and so is my 8th grade graduation so I'm a little busy, hopefully I will still be able to update. But my Summer is pretty booked so I don't know if I'll get the chance. However, no matter how little I end up writing over Summer I will come back when school starts again, hopefully as I make my journey to high school!