Oliver Wood x Reader: Genius

"What's quidditch?" You asked the young boy next to you.

His eyes widened, "You're telling me after all 3 years at Hogwarts, you still don't know what quidditch is?" He asked in shock.

You crossed your arms defensively, "Well I know it's a wizard sport thing, but I never played much attention. I was focusing more on my academics." You explained.

See, this is Oliver Wood, when you asked your best friend, Sarah who's a Hufflepuff what quidditch was she told you to ask him, she was the only person who knew you liked Oliver. But he was the reason you wanted to know what quidditch was in the first place. You're a muggle born Gryffindor witch, so all of this was new to you.

Oliver grabbed your hand and started tugging you, "Come on, we are getting you on a broom right now." He said.

You sighed rolling your eyes, you asked for this after all. But he didn't let go of your hand, and you couldn't pretend you weren't more than a little happy about that.

He let go when you were on the quidditch pitch and he grabbed two practice brooms. "Wait we're just going to start?!" You asked in alarm.

"I'm no good at explaining." He said mounting the broom and handing the other to you. When he saw you were just staring at him he gave you a look, "Get on." He ordered.

"Uh I dont think this is a good idea."

Oliver sighed and dismounted, holding the broom in his left hand. Then an idea came to him, "I know what'll get you used to flying. Why don't you ride with me at first, just so you can get used to it." He suggested.

You felt yourself go red as an apple as you thought of that. To hide it you shook your head, "I-I can't do that..."

But Oliver was already mounting his broom again. "Hop on."

You awkwardly climbed on the back. "You might want to hold on." He said.

You lightly placed your hands on his shoulders. He smirked and kicked off hard. "Ah!" You screamed and threw your arms around Oliver's waist, hugging him tightly as you soared dangerously vertical. He spun you a few times and you were terrified.

"Stop stop stop!" You yelled.

Then as soon as he had started, he stopped and flew in a straight path. After a few minutes you opened your eyes, the light breeze blowing your hair. You squinted at the beautiful sunset.

"I'm gonna go down now..." Oliver said cautiously.

You nodded against his back and he went into a steep dive pulling up at the last second. You were flying so close to the lake surface you could touch it. You giggled and touched the water, flying into the sunset with Oliver. You put your head on his back, sighing. "This is so cool." You breathed.

Oliver smiled, blushing. "I'm glad you think so." As darkness fell, he flew you back to the quidditch pitch, letting you off gently.

"Thanks Oliver, I'm not so scared any more."

"So, you'll get on your own broom now?" He asked.

You nodded, "How about tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow the broom shed is closed for the weekend." Oliver explained, "So you can't borrow any."

"Oh." You frowned.

Oliver gave you a comforting smile, his dimples made you blush. "Come on, we should sneak down to the kitchen for some dinner."
~~~~~

You hurried through Monday to get to Gryffindor Common Room to try to find Oliver. He wasn't there however, but his best friend Trevor Allen was.

"Hey, Trevor, where's Oliver?" You asked.