Ginny Weasley x Reader: Chasing Her Part 2

"Y/n! Wait up!" Flint called after you. Practice had just ended, you'd only practiced half pitch, due to the Gryffindor team on the other half. You were wanting to catch a moment with Ginny to apologize for the interruption, but Flint got to you first. 

"What do you want Marcus?" You asked with a sigh. 

"I just wanted to personally apologize for forcing you to come. I'm so sorry it was really rude the way I pulled you away. You know how serious I am about this game." This was surprising, everyone knew Marcus Flint was the most prideful Slytherin, no wizard at the school. Why would he apologize? "It was no way to treat a fellow player, especially not one with your skill." 

"Thank you for apologizing Marcus." You told him, looking into his black eyes. 

He smiled, it was a gruesome sight, but it was also the only time you'd seen him genuinely smile in all your time playing quidditch. "So, there's this Hogsmeade trip coming up..." He looked at you to see your expression, which as per usual remained blank. So this was what this was all about. "I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?" He asked. 

You didn't know what to say, you never liked Marcus like this, but he had been treating you really kindly recently, and wasn't that what it was all about? 

"Let me think about it. I'll give you an answer by tomorrow morning, okay?" You asked, looking at him under your eyelashes. 

He smiled again, "Good enough for me." Then he walked off. 

Not long after he left, you felt someone's cold arm around your shoulders. 

It was Draco. "So I saw you with Ginny earlier?" He asked. 

"Yeah, you were right, it's not so hard hanging out with her. Actually it's pretty easy, she's an easy person to talk to." 

Draco smirked. "But, there's the Flint issue." 

Draco's smile faltered. "What Flint issue?" 

"He asked me to Hogsmeade, I don't know what to do." 

"Say yes." Draco said. 

"What why? What makes you say that?" You asked surprised. 

"Just let him play with you, he'll get bored and there's no harm done, to you or the team. When he doesn't get his way he goes into 'modes' it's not pretty." 

"Yeah I know that, I've been on this team just as long as you." You told him. 

You walked in silence for a while before you started again. "So you think he'll get bored of me." 

"Quick enough that Ginny will forget it completely." 

"Great, let me give him an answer." You said, beginning to turn around. 

Draco's arm tightened on your shoulders, "After showering." 

"Right." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before you knew it, it was Hogsmeade time. You had arrived in a carriage with Draco, who said he'd do his best to keep Ginny and Harry apart. Now you were waiting outside the Three Broomsticks for Flint. 

Twenty minutes later you were beginning to think he blew you off. Your anger was boiling before Ginny came up beside you. 

"Hey Y/n." She said with a sigh. 

"Hey Ginny, What's up?" 

"Just Harry. He's been fighting with Draco for twenty minutes, it doesn't seem to be heating down." She said. 

"Oh, that sucks. I got blew off by Flint too." Ginny winced. 

"Flint? Why would you even accept." 

"So he wouldn't take it hard on the team. Hey, since we've both ended up here alone, wanna have a butterbeer, it's on me?" 

Ginny smiled that radiant smile, "Sounds amazing." 

Half way through your butterbeers you heard Flint's awful laugh at the booth behind you. "Excuse me for a moment." You told Ginny. She nodded. 

You walked to the other booth and saw Flint with a Slytherin hoe you knew as Eliza Par'qua. "So." You started and they both looked at you. 

Flint stared up at you with wide, guilty eyes. "I guess you feel it appropriate to ditch me for this hoe." 

"Y/n-" He started but you didn't let him get going.

"NO!" You snapped. "I don't want to hear it, don't expect another chance. See you at quidditch practice Flint." You said before returning to your table with Ginny. 

"Do you want to go Y/n?" Ginny asked you. 

"Probably best if we do." You told her. 

You walked out to see Harry walking hand in hand with Cho. 

"Looks like your not the only one with a sucky date." She rasped. 

You walked up and slapped Harry. "What the hell is wrong with you? Ditching an awesome girl like Ginny!" You yelled. Harry seemed to come out of a trance. 

He looked past you at Ginny, staring shocked at the three of you. "Ginny!" Harry released Cho's hand, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, I don't even remember getting with her." Cho ran away crying. Harry ignored her. 

You slapped him again. "Don't talk to her." 

Ginny walked up to you, placing cold hands on your hot skin, "He's not worth it, let's go Y/n." 

You let her pull you away, her arm lingering on your waist as you walked to the carriages. You stepped in and offered her a hand which she took gratefully. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You spent the rest of the day at the lake laughing your lungs out. You watched the sunset disappear behind the castle. 

"Y/n, you're awesome, even if it wasn't planned, I had a great time with you today." She smiled shyly and kissed your cheek before getting up, leaving you shell shocked as she headed to the castle.