Harry Potter x Reader: Feathers part 3

Before leaving to meet Cedric, something caught your eye, it was a small f/c feather. Identical to the one that had appeared beside you in your 3rd year. You picked it up and put it in your hair before following Pansy and Alyze out to meet the boys.

Cedric joked with Sebastian but when Pansy cleared her throat they both turned to the three of you. Draco was leaning on the wall opposite of Cedric and Sebastian.

Alyze was blushing so hard you thought she'd turn into a tomato. Sebastian looked like a fish out of water, opening and closing his jaw.

Cedric looked at you and smiled, blushing slightly and you walked surprisingly gracefully towards him. He held put an arm, "We have to enter first with the other champions my dear." He said and whisked you away from your friends and their dates.

You were glad Cedric studied up on this because you certainly hadn't. Professor McGonnagall organized you so that you and Cedric would enter 3rd. 1st was Fleur and her date and 2nd was Viktor Krum and Hermione Granger. Hermione was stunning in her periwinkle blue dress. You weren't going to lie, you were surprised to see her with Viktor rather than Harry.

Speaking of Harry... right as you thought it, Harry and Cho entered together escorted by McGonnagall.

The doors opened and Fleur and her date walked out. A few places after them, Krum and Hermione. Then you and Cedric, people had gasped at Hermione and gaped at you. You blushed, not used to the attention and Cedric beamed at you on his arm and all your tension relaxed. He took your hand in his and put his other on your waist and you began to dance.
×××

After a lot of dancing you had taken off your shoes and were dancing barefoot. You would never have gotten tired, but Cedric and Sebastian did. They sat together promising to get up after a drink or two. Alyze sat beside Sebastian. She was so in love she wouldnt even leave his side. But you wanted to keep dancing. That's when Harry Potter appeared before you.

"Hi Y/n. How's your night going?" He asked.

"I want to keep dancing." You answered breathlessly.

Harry held out a hand, "Well then, may I?"

You didn't blush but you gave him a look of slight confusion before taking his hand and heading to the dance floor. And you were the talk of the school.
×××
5th year
×××

You'd only go out of the common room to eat, go to the bathroom and your classes.

In the rare moments Alyze saw you she'd try to talk to you but you hadn't spoken a word to anyone since he died. Cedric had been your everything, sweet, kinda goofy best friend boyfriend. Your other half. And for some reason...that had to be taken away from you. You knew why. You were a Lestrange and therefore a curse hung over your head. So you distanced yourself from Alyze and Pansy and even Draco. To keep them safe from you...or to keep you safe from them.

One day about midyear you needed to use the restroom but took some very wrong turns and ended up on the 7th floor. You ran a hand along the wall and found the bathroom up there. When you left you felt the strange urge to walk back, so you did before stopping and thinking, what am I doing? And walking back to the staircase. That's when giant doors revealed themselves to you.

You pushed on them and found inside many of the Hogwarts students battling dummies or dueling each other. You walked in and people turned, when they did they stared. You kept walking until you found yourself at the other end of the room staring into wide green eyes hidden behind round glasses.

"Y/n Lestrange." He said.

"What is all this?"  You asked your voice barely more than a whisper.