Oliver Wood x Reader: Genius part 2

It was almost Christmas and you were yet to get Oliver's potions grade up more than a few minor improvements. You'd almost resorted to just doing all his assignments for him, but it would be much too obvious. Plus, Oliver had to learn.

One day, you were looking through some potions for dummies books while Oliver was doing his potions homework in the library when Oliver sighed loudly and slammed his head on the desk. You jumped and hurried over to Oliver, whose head was still on the table.

"Oliver are you alright?" You asked worried.

Without picking up his head Oliver answered, "I'm sorry Y/n, you've done so much and I'm still failing. You've tried so hard and I just can't get it. I'm hopeless, might as well just leave the team and let them figure it out."

You were so shook by this sudden outburst. Then your head filled with anger, you were so frustrated your face felt hor and your heart pounded in your chest. "Oliver that's it! I've had enough of this, you just aren't willing to do good in potions. You've put yourself in a state of mind where you're so positive you cant do it that you're going to give up your favorite thing in the whole world. All my effort is for nothing and trust me that means a lot more than you think. I've wasted half my year teaching you when I could've just asked Fred and George to teach me to fly. So get up now. We are going to McGonnagall."

You tugged on his sleeve and he got up, so shocked at your outburst that he couldn't speak. You marched into McGonnagall's office. "Ah, Y/n, Wood just the two I was wanting to see. The two of you have made excellent progress in all of Wood's studies, the threat to the quidditch team is excused."

Now it was your turn to be shocked. You stared at McGonnagall with no words. It was Wood who was the first to regain his voice. "But Professor my potions grade..."

McGonnagall waved a hand dismissively, "Just work a little hard and you'll get it, why doesn't Ms. L/n keep tutoring you on the days without quidditch. You can relax. Both of you." She said. "Now get outta here, there's a Hogsmeade trip for both of you."

Oliver took your arm and led you out. When you were outside you stopped walking and Oliver turned to look at you.

"Come on Y/n, let's go to the Hog's Head. My treat." He offered.

You shook your head, "I don't get it. What about your potions grade."

Oliver rubbed the back of his neck, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "I didn't want to tell you, but one day after potions I decided to ask Snape go give me some extra credit. He evaluated my trouble with potions and said I needed extra tutoring in proportions and mixing and technique. Basically everything, that I was really behind. He said I might have to do some extra potion time, so I replaced one of my extra curricular activities to fit in an extra period of potions with the 2nd years. I guess it really helped."

You smiled and jumped into Oliver's arms, "that's great, I guess you really have gotten smarter."

The hug lasted a little too long and you pulled back awkwardly to punch his shoulder, "Don't forget you still owe me quidditch lessons."

"You're a genius." He told you.

You rolled your eyes, "Only if you say so."
~~~~~
Many years later

You screamed loudly amidst the crowd, waving your navy flag and jumping up and down. Your daughter, D/n (daughter's name) rolled her eyes, "Geez Mom calm down." She said.

Her little brother, Gryffin hushed you both, "Shut up, I'm trying to read and there's enough noise around."

D/n ruffled his hair, "Little genius, you should relax and watch the game. It's awesome, I wanna be a pro quidditch player when I grow up."

"No way, I only have this Summer until I go to Hogwarts, I need to study up."

She rolled her eyes and Oliver made an awesome block, you whooped with your daughter. Gryffin buried his nose back in his book.

After the game, you went to congratulate your husband on the win, D/n and Gryffin went with George and Angelina Weasley.

"I could hear you cheeringfrom across the field." Was the first thing Oliver said to you.

He was shirtless with a towel across his shoulders. You placed your hands on his chests and kissed him. "That's cause I'm your biggest fan." You said when you pulled back. "You're a quidditch genius."

He smirked before kissing you again, "Only if you say so."

A/n, took me long enough didn't it. I've been having some serious writers block, but I think my creativity is being returned to me. Thanks for sticking with this book guys! I love reading all your comments and I may not reply to all of them but I do see each one. Remember if you want a request please private message me it makes it easier. Thank you!! <3