Teddy Lupin x Reader: Everyone Loves Teddy part 2

It's been a week and for some reason you still hadn't shown Teddy the picture of him yet. Maybe it was because you were afraid he'd think you were some kind of stalker, I mean you did take a picture of him when he was sleeping. But you had a good reason, some part of your brain argued. 

Teddy bumped your shoulder, "What's up?"

"Hmm?" You asked looking up at your friend's face. His eyes were a bright green and his hair was turning a royal purple. 

"You seem...distracted, what is it?" Teddy always worried about you too much although you weren't sure why. It was probably because you tended to go into spirals of doubt, but he could always cheer you up. 

"I-uh-" You were saved from answering by that Slytherin boy that had picked up your glasses for you the other day. 

"Hello." He had a strange accent and he seemed to hesitate between every word. 

Teddy stared at him suspiciously. "Hi." You greeted with a smile. 

He smiled back at you, but he didn't show his teeth, his pink lips just turned up. "You are...beautiful." He said. 

You blushed, "Er, thank you." 

"Will you...go...to Hogsmeade with me?" He asked. 

You smiled at him, he had obviously spent a long time trying to learn that English for you. You were about to say yes when Teddy grabbed your wrist and pulled you beside him, his hair and eyes were multiple shades of green. "She's going with me." 

The boy frowned and muttered something in another language before backing away towards the castle his broad shoulders slumping. 

You yanked your hand out of Teddy's wrist. "What was that?" 

Teddy looked at the ground, "Did you want to go with him?" 

"Well yeah kinda. I mean he worked really hard on learning that." You told him. 

Teddy bit his lip, "Sorry." Then he ran back to the castle leaving you distantly confused. 

~~~

When you got back to your dorm, the 4 other girls were waiting for you. When they saw you enter, they all crossed their arms and glared at you. You blushed and headed to your bed, hoping to hide behind the curtains. 

When you closed them however, one of the girls drew open the curtain. Her name was Janice Clearwater, she glared at you from under her dark eyelashes. You pulled a blanket up to your eyes but she pulled it down. 

You stared into her brown eyes and she stared into yours. Another girl with ginger hair came up and placed a hand on Janice's shoulder, "Jan she doesn't even know what she did." 

Janice sighed, "How could she be a Ravenclaw and not even have a clue?"

The girl shrunk away and Janice turned back to you. "I-is this about the Slytherin?" 

The girls looked between each other, "What Slytherin?" One of them whispered. 

"It's about Teddy." The ginger from earlier spoke up. 

You gave them a confused look, "What about him? Did something happen to him?" You were getting really agitated. 

"Well yeah. You don't know?" Another girl said. 

"Obviously not Harriet." The ginger spoke, her expression softened when she looked at you. "Look, Y/n. We've been your roommates since 1st year, obviously we've seen how you're friends with Teddy and we never really thought much of it. Honestly, we should've become your friend sooner instead of butting into your business now. But, it's your best friend and we thought you'd know because everyone loves Teddy."

You waited patiently for her to gather herself, she took a breath. "Look he's in this really depressed state. Everyone's kinda worried, some of my Gryffindor friends told me to tell you about it thinking maybe you'd be able to talk some sense into him or at least know what's going on. But you didn't get here until a while later when my source told me why Teddy's in this fit, or at least that it was because of you." She accused. 

"I-i don't..." 

The 1st girl pulled you out of the bed. "Just go talk to him." 

The ginger took your arm and pulled you into the Ravenclaw common room and out into the staircases. 

The two of you stopped outside the Gryffindor portrait. She whistled a specified tune and a smaller Gryffindor boy with black hair and a ski-slope nose poked his head out. "Oh thank Merlin. Molly you're amazing, come in." He let you in and led you up to the boys' dormitory where he knocked on a door. "Ted, you have some company." He got no reply and pushed open the door, Molly shoved you in and closed the door behind you. 

You walked to the boy who was sleeping on his bed stomach down. His hair was grey and his breaths were shaky. You cautiously approached and slowly sat at the foot of his bed. You didn't know if you should touch him or not, but you did what he always did with you when you were upset. You took off his shoes for him and rubbed his ankles. "Ted are you alright?" You asked gently. 

Ted went rigid and you were afraid you did something wrong, then he flipped himself over, drawing his feet up to sit criss cross on the bed. He looked at you through dark blue eyes. You waited for him to say something and he waited for you. At the same time you both decided to speak, then you both tried to get the other to go first, finally Teddy ended up going first. 

"Did you forget what this weekend is?" He asked. 

You knitted your eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?" 

He let out a breathy laugh, "You really did forget." 

Then a puzzle piece clicked in your brain, "Oh my Merlin, Ted I'm so sorry." You moved closer to him and put a hand on his forehead. 

"What?" 

"It's your birthday and I completely forgot I'm so so sorry. I'll buy all the snacks and I'll-" 

Ted hugged you tightly, it was a little awkward considering you were both sitting on the bed, but he put your head on his chest. "Just promise you won't ever go out with another guy, ever." 

Your face burned more than it ever had in your life and that was saying something. "Ted I-" 

"Look Y/n, I, I think I love you. We're meant to be. Say you'll never leave me." 

"I'll never leave you." You whispered. The two of you stayed there for a while before you gasped. 

"Hey, y'know what I was distracted by the other day?" You asked sitting up. He shook his head and you pulled a picture out of your pocket. 

It was the picture of sleeping Teddy. 

"What's this?" He asked taking the picture in his hand. 

"It's you, that's what you'd look like without your metamor-" You looked up and found yourself lost, Teddy's hair had turned into the exact dirty blonde it had been in his sleep that day, his eyes were a deep gold-brown that you could fall into. 

Teddy looked up at you and a light blush had dusted your cheeks, "Y/n?" 

Then you pressed a kiss to his mouth, a brave move like that should've put you in Gryffindor. When you finally pulled away, Teddy was bright pink, "Y/n?" 

You bit your lip and looked away, Teddy put a warm hand on your cheek and you looked into his eyes that had turned a sandy pink and his hair was a dark brown. He kissed you and you held that kiss. Finally.