Oliver Wood x Reader: Polar Opposites

"Y/n!" Your mother called from down stairs, "A letter came for you!" She said and her voice sounded although she already knew what it was.

You walked down stairs and saw both your parents and siblings (if any) standing together in the living room.

"Uh oh, what's this gathering about?" You said and your father smiled at you.

"Read it."

You opened the letter that was a dressed to you and inside found a note saying you would be the Ravenclaw quidditch team captain.

"This is great news! Wow, I'm so mad you guys read it before me." You joked.

Your Dad ruffled your hair, "Nice work kiddo."
~~~~~
Oliver's POV

"Oliver Wood, get down here this instant." My mother screeched.

Uh oh I thought.

"Good news Mother?" I asked although she stood with her hands on her hips, a letter dangling from her fingertips.

She thrust it to me with a huff and I took it nervously. I opened it and realized I was quidditch captain. "I'm captain?! Wow this is a dream come true it's-" then I caught sight of my Mother's disapproving face.

"I thought I told you last year to quit the team and focus more on your academics, you aren't getting anywhere playing that ridiculous game." She said forcefully.

"But Mom I-"

"No 'but Moms,' I expect you to forfeit the team as soon as possible Oliver Wood and if you don't you will face serious consequences." She said forcefully and I stomped off like a skulky teenager to my room.
~~~~~
Normal POV

You were alone in your compartment on the train when a furious man stomped in and plopped down on a seat. You barely glanced up from your book.

He kept twisting around and sighing as if begging for your attention, finally you sighed and looked up. "What?" You asked annoyed. 

"My Mom wants me to quit quidditch." He huffed. 

You decided to pity the boy because 1, you were a good person and 2, he was kind of cute. 

"See, I'm Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor star player, keeper and I got an invitation to be quidditch captain this year. She saw the letter and was furious. She thinks I don't spend enough time on my school work. She expects me to be some kind of scholar, but quidditch is what I love to do. It's what I hope to make a future of." He said passionately. 

You thought deeply in that Ravenclaw way of yours before answering carefully, "Well I can see where she is coming from." 

The boy rolled his eyes and you quickly said, "But I also see where you are coming from. Quidditch is important to me too, but it should never come before your smarts." 

He seemed to think about this before saying, "Do you think the Sweepstick 900 is faster than the Dustbrush?" 

Bewildered you asked, "What?" 

"Do you think the Sweepstick 900 is faster than the Dustbrush?" He asked again. 

"I'm sorry, but weren't we just talking about the academic importance of-" 

"Blah!" He said. 

You gaped at him, "Excuse me. I don't see why-" 

"Blah!" He said again and you just stared at him, waiting for an explanation. "You're really pretty." He noted after a while. 

You gave an impatient laugh, "I can't believe this. You are..." You laughed before finishing. 

"I'm what?" He asked.