James Sirius Potter x Reader: The Unspoken Prank Part 2

It was James's last day in the hospital wing and you had been doing a lot of research  on the unspoken pranks of the past. None of them were recorded. So when Fred II approached you, you asked him what he thought they were. 

"Hey Y/n. How's James doing? Madame Wendyll won't let me see him." He asked. 

"He's doing alright, his smirk is back but he looks tired, he was sleeping when I visited him this morning." You informed him. 

You walked in comfortable silence with him until the idea struck you to ask him. "Hey Fred..." He waited for you to finish. "Do you know anything about the unspoken prank?" 

Fred tripped over air and went pale. He waited breathless before calming himself. "W-why are you asking?" 

"James told me something about it and I didn't understand. I thought you might know." 

Fred nodded, convincing himself it was just a question. "Yeah, I know that history has repeated itself in the case of it. A girl has died every time one of them has been used....and it's always been a boy to pull it." 

You waited for him to continue but he didn't so you asked another question, gently so that you didn't startle the shaken boy. "How did the girls die?" You asked. 

He shrugged, "I don't know. If James is planning on doing one, tell him it's a bad idea please." He pleaded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James was now out of the Hospital and there had been a massive Azkaban break out despite the  extra security. Dementors swarmed Hogsmeade as you walked with James towards the Three Broomsticks. 

Suddenly James pulled you to the back side of it where no one could hear you. "James?" 

"Have you been looking for information on the unspoken prank?" He questioned you. 

"James I-" 

"Yes or no?" 

"Yes but-" 

"Don't do it. Y/n seriously. Don't." 

"You know how those girls died don't you?" You asked him quickly before he could interrupt you again. 

He looked away from you, his hands falling from your shoulders. "How did they die James?" He shook his head. You waited and he looked into your eyes. 

"They didn't die." 

"But Fred said-" 

"They suffered a fate much worse than death." You gasped at the realization. 

It would be easier now than ever to pull an unspoken prank, because of the dementors every where. Those were the unspoken prank. The girls got their souls sucked out. People didn't understand dementors, didn't think they were as bad as they were. 

The world went cold as a dementor approached James and you, your heart felt heavy and breathing was hard. 

James looked bad, the bags that surrounded his eyes seemed to grow and his face sunk in. 

He pulled you to him to hug you. You knew the spell, but had never been able to do it. 

You pulled out your wand and struggled out of James's hold, remembering the days in the wing, holding James's hand. The day you got your Hogwarts letter. When James taught you to fly a broom and you sped off, leaving him on the ground staring up at you. Teaching James to play a muggle guitar. 

"Expecto patronum!" You yelled at the dementor and a silver lioness came from your wand to chase off the dementor.

On the other side of you, James grabbed your hand and cated the spell and the two dementors on the other side of you, a lion. 

When they were gone, warmth spread through you and you felt more alive than ever. The bags beneath James's coffee eyes disappeared completely and he turned back to face you, the lioness and the lion faced each other as well. At the same time as he went to hug you, you hugged him, he pulled his hands through your soft h/c hair. 

He pulled away, but not to far, just far enough to look into your eyes. "I'd do anything for you." He said. 

"I'm so sorry." You told him. He ran a hand through your hair and his other hand carressed your cheeks and he looked at you like you were the best thing he'd ever seen. He brought his face down to you and kissed you softly and you kissed him back.

A/n, I forgot my original ending to this story and how it was going to go, I'm sorry if it's not very good.