James Sirius Potter x Reader: Stubborn Will part 2

James wouldn't leave you alone for the whole Christmas break and you found yourself trying to hide from him with Albus and Scorpius every chance you got.

"Why won't he bloody leave us alone?" You mumbled one day while hiding under a rock after using the shrinking charm on Albus, Scorpius and you. Yes, it was rather dangerous and recommended against but you knew you your stuff. 

"Why won't he leave you alone I think is what you're asking?" Albus corrected. 

"Wait what do you mean by that? He isn't like this to you on a normal day?" You asked. 

"Of course not, he'll prank the pants off of me and make Slytherin jokes constantly but it's not like he wants my attention or anything and he definitely doesn't do me favors or ask if I want anything." 

"He didn't..." 

Scorpius and Albus gave you a look. "Well y'know the best way to know if  he's trying to get my attention is just to ask him right?" 

You walked out from under the rock and enlarged yourself accidentally leaving Albus and Scorpius shrunken under the rock. 

You marched up to the house and went inside without saying hello to the adults in the living room. Then you stomped up the stairs to knock on James' door. 

Fred opened it, "Oh hello Y/n what're you here for?" 

"Where's James?" You asked. 

"He went out for some reason why?" He asked. 

"I need to know if he's trying to get my attention for some reason." You said. 

"You aren't thinking about dating him are you?" 

You didn't say anything, you hadn't thought about if James liked you or not. He was pretty cute...

"Because if you are and you want it to last, you need to keep ignoring him." Fred said. 

"What? That doesn't make any sense." You told him and he opened the door and stepped aside to let you in. 

You sat across from him on James' bed. 

"I'm saying this because you need to test his Potter will. If he really is after you, and I'm not letting anything slip here, but if he's anything like what I've heard of his namesake, he won't stop going after you until he gets you and if you want it to last you need to be prideful until he really can't see any other girl but you." 

"What are you talking about?" You asked. 

"Oh, I forgot, you don't know about Lily and James Potter do you?"

"I do too. They were Harry's parents right? Lily gave up her life protecting Harry." You said. 

"Well yeah but James spent almost all his time at Hogwarts trying to win Lily over until he finally did in his last year." Fred explained, "And that's only the short version." 

"Okay so what you're saying is that I need to get James to think I have no interest in him to make him be interested in me. Wait, who even said I wanted to date him anyways? I just wanted to know if he was just trying to bug me or not." 

Fred smirked at you knowingly. "That's the spirit Y/n." 

Then James came in, "I can't find her anywhe-" James stopped when he saw you and Fred talking. 

You got up and brushed off your skirt, "Bye Fred." Then you walked past James and out the door as if he wasn't even there. 

"What was that?" You heard James ask as you walked away.