Sirius Black x Reader: Speechless

You were reading a book on dark curses in the library and ignoring the person whose eyes bore into the back of your neck. You knew they were there, but you didn't acknowledge their presence, hoping they'd go away. 

They whispered to each other unaware of the fact that you had stopped reading to listen to their conversation. 

"You do it." 

"Your the one who wanted to get her." 

"Your the one who li-" One of the boys slapped his hand over the others mouth. 

Finally you turned around, closing the book. "What do you want?" You sighed. Black and Potter froze, Black took his hand off of Potters mouth and cleared his throat. 

He seemed like he wanted to say something and opened his mouth before closing it again and shrugging hopelessly. Remus pushed the boys aside, "James and Sirius here were just wanting to ask you to Hogsmeade. Apparently I'm the only one with the guts to say it." Remus said glaring at the boys. 

You and Remus were close and you knew that he didn't have any romantic feelings towards you, and you felt the same. He was like a brother to you. James smirked and winked dramatically at you, putting a hand up just to cover the finger that was pointing towards Sirius. 

"Okay. I'll go with...." You tapped your chin in mock seriousness. "Remus. Because you asked."

Remus smiled shaking his head and giving you a hand to help you up. You took it and he kissed the back of it. "I'll await you by the carriages m'lady." 

That's what made Remus a marauder. His theatrics and that he was obviously the genius behind the pranks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus's pov.

In Gryffindor common room, Sirius stood glaring down at me reading on the couch. I looked up from the book I was reading and sighed. James was already asleep, so there was no one to deal with Sirius. "What?" 

"Why'd you ask her to Hogsmeade?" Sirius asked me.  

"Because you didn't." I resisted the urge to smirk at him like he would be doing to me if things were in the opposite perspective. 

"You know I like her." 

"How do you know I don't?" I countered, this was preposterous. I didn't like her, she was like a sister to me. 

Sirius was silent. "How about neither of us gets her?" he asked. 

"Sirius, you have a jealousy problem. I'm not going to blow the poor girl off, I'm going on the date just to see how it'll go. It's not like we'll turn into anything okay?" 

Sirius pouted at me, but knowing that he wouldn't get a better deal he grunted in response and headed up to get some sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remus met you by the carriages as promised and offered you his arm, which you took happily and you skipped into the carriage with him. Another couple was in the carriage already; Alice and Sirius. "Oh, hey Remus." Sirius greeted his friend and his eyes narrowed on you. "Y/n." 

You rolled your eyes and said nothing to him, Alice touched his arm and he smiled down at her, although something about his smile seemed amiss. 

Once you were out of the carriage, you interlaced your fingers with Remus's. "Where to first?" You asked him.

He smiled at you, "I know how much you like a good butterbeer." 

You smiled back at him but before you could answer, Sirius's voice was heard from behind you. "Well what luck, we were headed there too. We should have a double date." He suggested, you looked up at Remus who asked you what you thought. 

"What do you think Y/n?" He asked. 

"Well, it would be rude to decline." You told him. 

Alice sat across from Sirius, who was beside you. Sirius ordered from the waitress, "Four butterbeers please." He said. 

She nodded and walked off. 

"So Y/n, how do you like to spend your time?" Remus asked you, even though he knew the answer. 

A mischievous smile lit up your face. "Guess."

"Reading."

"And..."

"Quidditch?"

"Nope." 

"What about..." He snapped his fingers, "Being charming as always." 

You faked a blush. "Aw, Remus." Out of the corner of your eye you saw Sirius huff and place his head on a hand running his other hand through his long hair. It was getting to him. 

You finished your butterbeer and so did Remus and so you headed out, Remus took your hand again and bid Sirius and Alice a good bye. 

Behind you, you heard Alice ditch him, "Sirius, I don't think you really want to be here with me. I'm just going to go." She said and you risked a look back to see Sirius just watching you and Remus go. 

Remus whispered in your ear, "What kind of friend would I be if I kept you from each other much longer?" He told you and released your hand. He bowed to you, "It's been a pleasure." Then he ran off to meet James outside of Zonko's. 

Sirius walked to you, "So?"He said. 

"So." You said back to him. 

"I know it's kind of late, but um. " He scratched the back of his neck, his whole face red, "Do you maybe wanna, I don't know like-" 

You interrupted his rambling. "Are you telling me that the dashing, lady's man heartbreaker supreme, Sirius Black is speechless?" You said smiling at him and making him go more red. 

"N-no. I mean... kinda... I uh-" He bit his lip. 

"Sirius?" You asked, making him look up at you, his blue eyes meeting your e/c ones. "Are you trying to ask if I want to be your girlfriend?"

He looked at you in shock. "Uh~"

"Because if so, I'd be happy to be." 

Sirius's smile lit up the cloudy day. He picked you up and spun you around, putting you down and resting his forehead on yours. "You're so brave." He told you. 

"You're not." You said and he looked into your eyes. 

"Just kiss already!" You heard James from behind you. 

"James you ruined it!" Remus said and you looked back at them. 

"Dang it guys you messed up my chance." He said. 

You pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before heading back to the carriages, leaving him to stare at where you had been, touching his cheek where you had kissed it absent mindedly. You heard James laughing at him and you saw Remus wink at you before heading back to the castle.