Fred Weasley x Reader: Pureblood

"Bye Dad!" You called to your father as you left the platform for the train, he caught you before you went.

"Goodbye Y/n, and dont forget your heritage." He said.

See, you're a pureblood witch and your father is a Slytherin. He didn't like you talking or hanging around mudbloods. But he sent you to Hogwarts because it was the best wizarding school whether he liked the mix of blood or not.

Your mother was a Ravenclaw, your father loved your mother, and since she was a pureblood, Slytherin or not, she was perfect for him. But she died last year and since then your father was even more cold towards muggle borns and half bloods alike. And especially blood traitors like the Weasleys.

Your older brother was the perfect child, a Slytherin, only one year older than you. "Come on Y/n." He tugged your arm and the two of you headed onto the train.

Your brother held your hand and led you into the back of the train where a boy and a girl were already waiting for him. The girl had shoulder length brown hair and hazel eyes and the boy was really pale and had amber eyes. They were both Slytherins. "Hello Sawyer, and this must be your little sister." The girl said. "I'm Sonia Warshaw, what's your name sweetie?"

You muttered your name quietly, hiding shyly behind Sawyer's sleeve. "She's a little shy. Her name is Y/n."

"Hmm, well nice to meet you. Slytherin'll break you outta your shell for sure."

"How do you know she'll be a Slytherin, her mother was a ravenclaw." The boy with the fiery eyes hissed.

"Oh hush Baldwin, of course she'll be a Slytherin don't you think Sawyer."

Sawyer smirked, "Well it is the top house after all."

For the first time since the train ride began you spoke up, "How is Slytherin the best?" You asked.

"Well what could be better?" Sawyer asked hoping you wouldn't speak out of line.

"I mean...a lot of great heroes came from Gryffindor." You said.

Sawyer, Sonia and Baldwin stared at you in shock until Sawyer spoke up. "Excuse her, she's read one to many books I think." He laughed it off and they seemed to think nothing of it and for the rest of the ride you kept your mouth shut.

The sorting ceremony was nerve wracking, especially after all the pressure about Slytherin from your brother and his friends. A boy beside you nudged you, he had red hair and freckles all over his face. He smiled at you kindly, "Don't worry so much. The sorting hat never makes mistakes."

"But what I disappoint everyone..." you muttered. The boy heard you.

"Well you'll make new friends in your house, and you'll never disappoint them."

You smiled at him and when your name was called you were feeling much more confident. You sat onto he stool and Professoe McGonnagall placed the hat on your head.
~~~~~
2nd year

After a rather...eye opening summer with your father and brother, you realized that being top of the class in practically every class wasn't good enough for them and although they didn't like it, they thought the sorting hat made a mistake placing you in Gryffindor. None the less it was your house, and when you were at school you'd made friends in Gryffindor and became fond of it.

You walked by Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet when you were following Sawyer to the back of the train. Angelina tried to wave you in and you smiled at her and reached for the compartment door, Sawyer stopped your hand however.

"Come on Y/n, we're meeting Sonia and Baldwin." You frowned and followed quietly after your brother.

When you came in with Sawyer, Sonia glared at you. "Sawyer why'd you bring a Gryffindor in here?" She whined.

"Sonia she's my sister. Besides, the sorting hat could've made a mistake." He shrugged. Sonia rolled her eyes and changed the topic and you fell asleep.

"Why didn't you sit with us Y/n?" Angelina asked when you sat beside her, Alicia and Katie were across from you.

"My brother wanted me to sit with him." You explained guiltily.

Angelina just nodded, "Oh okay, I can understand that."
~~~~~
3rd year

Your brother and father were getting even more cold towards you and your growing loyalty towards Gryffindor. They even forbid you to send any messages to Angelina over summer.

When Sawyer took you back to his compartment with Sonia and Baldwin, Sonia scoffed and walked our saying that Sawyer should just disown you if he knew what was good for him.

"I dont know what's so bad about Gryffindor." You sniffled.

Baldwin never showed any emotion or anything and he was basically Sawyers body guard, but Sawyer still didn't like showing emotion. However he hugged you tightly. "Whatever happens Y/n, know that I'm still your brother and I'll be there for you."

Katie had already been on the team the year before, but Angelina, Alicia and you wanted to try out. Two other boys, both with red hair and freckles were trying out as well. They looked vaguely familiar, like you'd seen them somewhere before.

Captain Wood had you all complete some trials and said he'd post results the next day.

You wrote to your father the next day boasting about you being a chaser, but just to be careful, you left out that it was for Gryffindor team.
~~~~~
4th year

The chamber of Secrets had been opened and your father was even more skeptical of Hogwarts and of Gryffindors. If things got bad, he wanted to move Sawyer to Durmstrang to learn "how to be a real man." And you to Beaxbatons to learn "how to be a proper lady." Stereotypical, I know.

By now you were starting to get mad. What should it matter to them that you were a Gryffindor? You were top of your classes, a star player on the quidditch team along with Harry Potter. You were even prided for discovering a potion that enhances vision. Why wouldn't he just be proud of you?
~~~~~
5th year

"Look Father, I'm the quidditch captain." You pointed out, you knew he would react the same as he had in 2nd year when you told him you were top of the class, or in 3rd when you made the team or even in 4th when you discovered that potion. It all came back to you doing it in Gryffindor's name.

"For Gryffindor I assume?" He asked.

"Well, yes. I mean I am a Gryffindor and you know that. What could I do, just change my house or doesn't work like that." Your fathers grey eyes bore into your e/c ones. You looked just like your mother but Sawyer looked like your father. He was like your father, period. Except he had a soft spot for you.

You walked into the train with your brother like every year, but this year you immediately walked to Angelina's compartment.

"Y/n..." Sawyer warned.

You turned towards him, "Sawyer what's the point by now. He doesn't care about all I achieve, I'm a Gryffindor and that's all that seems to matter. But I don't bloody care anymore. I have friends who care about me, and you I know I have your approval even if you can't show it. So go ahead, be with Sonia." You wrinkled your nose in disgust, you and Sonia had grown a bit of a rivalry in the past year.

Sawyer gave you a sad smile and hugged you, "I'm really sorry Y/n, about father. I wish I could do something."

You gave him a comforting smile, "Don't worry about it, you've done all you can by being there for me. But I'm a Gryffindor to the core, I'll just have to find a way to prove it."
~~~~~
A/n this was all kind of a set up for the coming one shot I'm sorry, but it would be a lot easier to understand with all this. Part 2 is coming up and I promise you'll see more of Fred ;)