Remus Lupin x Reader: Cuddling

This is set in the muggle world just so ya know.

"Madame Pomfrey can't I please stay." You begged the nurse. 

"Well, I suppose that since you know and he's better with you, that maybe that would work best." She told you. "Just remember to give him this concotion as soon as he wakes up." Then she walked off to deal with some other patients. 

You looked down at the scarred boy. He was here at least once a month usually. He never actually told you why he was so beat up all the time. But you had suspicions. 

You sat beside him and opened a book. Soon enough his hand reached out and took yours. You looked down at him sadly. No falling in love with patients, your mother always told you. The Florence Nightengale effect was a real thing. You'd never thought your heart would beat so fast just by the patient touching you. But he was different. 

"Hey Y/n." Remus croaked. 

You traced a small heart on his hand with your thumb but he didn't notice. So you got up and started pouring the medicine into a small cup for him. 

"Hello Remus. You'd better take this." You told him, taking his hand again and placing the cup in his other one. 

Remus grimaced at the taste but it would ease the pain he probably felt everywhere. "Do you plan on actually telling me what happened this time?" You asked opening your book again with your free hand. 

He squeezed your hand, "You know I can't." You nodded, however long it took him to open up you would wait. But you hoped it would get better for him. 

"I think we better put some salve on the markings." You told him. He nodded and turned around on the hospital bed. 

You stripped him of his torn shirt, beneath the scars were worse. Multiple were bleeding and some were bruised. Whip lashings. You knew what it was, and Remus knew you knew. But for his sake you pretended like you didn't. 

You dipped your hands in the salve and rubbed it in on his back. He gasped at the cold and sighed as his pain began to ease. 

"How long can I stay?" He asked. 

"I think you'd better stay for a week this time." You told him, "James drive you here again?" You asked. 

He shook his head, "Sirius." You nodded. 

"I better tell him you're fine and resting." You said getting up to leave the room. 

"You'll come back again right?" You looked into his sad hazel brown-gold eyes. 

You nodded, "Always" You whispered but he didn't hear. He never did. 

You walked into the waiting room and saw a boy who looked like he'd gotten no sleep whatsoever. He had curly black hair that went down to his shoulders. 

"Sirius Black?" You called and he woke up immediately. 

He hurried towards you, "Where is he? Is he alright?" 

"He's doing fine." You said. Then you lowered your voice, "Where is his father? I'm gonna kill him!" 

"Y/n you can't Remus would never let you. Trust me I've tried." He told you as you walked down the corridor to an empty hospital room to talk. 

"Just tell me where he lives. I'll get him in captivity or something." You begged. 

"Y/n, doing this won't help him. James and I have both tried to get him to call someone." Sirius tried convincing you. 

"Well then we can call someone without his permission." You argued. 

"I know you care about him a lot. But if you care about him let this go." He told you. 

"Sirius I can't let this go. What happens when that monster kills him? Then what?" You asked, holding back tears until your throat burned in protest. 

"Can we just go see Remus? You should ask him about this first." Sirius tried. 

"No. I'm not going to ask him. I never ask him about this or talk to him about this. The most I've ever mentioned about this is if he'll tell me what happened." 

"Then how do you know?" He asked surprised. 

"Intuition." You answered, walking out of the room, hoping to leave Sirius behind. 

But he followed after you and you supposed you had no choice but to lead him to Remus. 

Remus lay on his stomach staring at your empty seat. "Remus you have a visitor." You told him. 

You opened the door and Sirius walked over to his friends bed, "You can sit Sirius." You offered. 

He sat down slowly, "How're you doing bud?" 

Remus smiled weakly, "Not the best but I'll get through it." He said, his voice was deep and his accent made you weak in the knees. 

Sirius looked up at you worried, Remus looked between the two of you. "What's going on?" 

"Remus, we need to talk. It's about your dad." You said. 

"There's nothing to talk about." He closed off quickly. 

"She wants to help you Remus. Maybe you shouldn't go back." Sirius told his friend. 

"Or maybe you should call the police, he's abusive you're so sweet and kind you don't deserve the shit he gives you." You heated up quickly. 

Remus was surprised at you, "Y/n, no. It's my life. Don't try to force yourself in it." 

"Remus this is about your safety." 

"I don't care. It's not like I'm dead. Besides I don't want to bloody live anyways." He pouted, then he tried to get up and storm out of the room, but winced. 

"Don't get up Remus." You whispered. 

"Er, I gotta go..." Sirius trailed off, getting up slowly. When he met you at the door, you grabbed his elbow. 

"Did you know?" He put his hands in his pockets, pulling his elbow from your grasp. 

"I had suspicions." Then he walked out. 

You sat beside Remus and reached out your hand for his, he didn't take it. You dropped it hopelessly. "Remus I-I had no idea." 

"And you have no reason to." He answered coldly. 

"But Remus, why?" 

"He tells me every time. I'm useless. I'm not smart enough or athletic enough. I'm a misfit." 

"No...no you aren't." You said, anger boiling in you. 

"I spend every single day of my life trying to be okay. But what's the point anyways?" 

"The point is there are people who love you. Who thin you are worth the world. You are smart and athletic. You are anything but a misfit." 

"Oh yeah, who?" He asked, looking into your eyes. You looked away. "Exactly." 

"Me..." You whispered to him. 

"What?" He asked, his anger leaving him. Fear flooded through you and your heart raced. 

"Me. Remus. I do. I can't stand to see you hurt and every time you come in here it's worse than the last time. I care too much about you to keep letting you get hurt." You confessed. 

Remus reached out a hand for you, "Okay." 

"Okay what?" You asked him. 

"I won't go back, c-can I stay with you f-for a while?" 

You nodded, a small smile playing across your lips. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n, I'm starting part two right about now, Lovelies never fear!~ha I crack myself up.