James Potter x Reader: Getting Out of Trouble part 2

By morning, you hadn't slept much and you were up way before James. Although you didn't want to wake him up, he was sleeping in past your first period. Besides, it would be the first chance you'd have to pull off revenge on him. You tried getting up but James' grip on your waist tightened. He groaned. You pinched his arm. 

"Ow." He groaned. 

You got up and yanked all the blankets off the bed. James shivered, "What time is it?" He asked sleepily, blinking from the light. Peter was up and getting ready. Remus was already up and out. Sirius was still snoring in his bed. 

"Time to wake up." You told him. 

Peter shoved a chocolate bar in his mouth. When he finished he moaned, "Aw man, that was my last one." He said frowning. 

"Hogsmeade trip is in a few days, you can get more then." You told him. 

"But that's a long time to go without chocolate." He whined. 

"I'm sure you'll survive." You said. "James get up and get dressed, then we're going up to the girls' room to get my clothes." You ordered.

James groaned and stretched, slowly getting up, you tapped your foot impatiently. He yawned and moved sloth-like to his clothes. You hopped back on the bed and closed the curtains around you. What felt like an hour later James opened them again, his shirt off. "Y/n I can't find my shirt." He said. 

You blushed, "James, go find a different one." You said, averting your gaze to the floor. 

"You don't understand," He said shaking his head, "All my shirts are missing." 

You sighed and scanned your eyes around the room. Your eyes landed on Sirius. You sighed heavily and got up, James walked next to you. You yanked Sirius' blankets off of him. When he still didn't stir, you grabbed your wand from the inner pocket of your robe. "Aguamenti." You whispered, a stream of water splashed Sirius in the face, it was short and quick and cold, but it did the trick and Sirius woke up sputtering. 

"What the-" Then he saw you, with a red face and your wand in hand and James beside you shirtless with light pink dusting his cheeks. He broke out in laughter. "Man, what happened to you two? I didn't hear anything last night but it looks like-" 

James cut him off, "Sirius where are my shirts?" He accused. 

Sirius looked confused, "What? I don't know where your shirts are." 

You glared at him. "Seriously guys, I have no idea." 

You rolled your eyes. "Well then can he borrow one of yours?" 

Sirius shrugged and got up, he tossed a grey stained shirt at James. "Gross Sirius, when was the last time you washed this?" He asked, smelling it and gagging. 

"When did you get so picky?" He asked and James gave him a look. 

"Fine." He tossed James a black and white striped polo shirt. "It's clean 'cause I never wear it." 

James rolled his eyes and put it on, leaving the top unbuttoned. You had to admit, he looked pretty good in it. Before you could register, James was ready to head to the girls' dorms. 

"Alright, let's go." 

"Huh?" You asked, being shaken out of your thoughts. 

"To the girls room....?"

"Right." Then you led the way out of the boys' dormitory. The two of you walked through the common room where a few young Gryffindor students were hanging out. 

"Look guys, James and Y/n are sneaking up to the girls' room." One of the boys called out. Every one turned to you and started laughing. 

Despite your attempts to explain, they just made kissy faces and sang love songs to the two of you. 

"C'mon James, let's just get out of here." You were surprised to find James as red as you felt. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as you got dressed, you headed down to breakfast. Remus was already finished and Peter was on his second course. Sirius was trailing behind the two of you, still sleepy from being woken up so early. 

You took a cinnamon roll and James filled up his plate with a variety of basically everything. "Breakfast at Hogwarts is the best." He stated through mouth fulls. 

You wrinkled your nose in disgust at his manners. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Professor McGonnagall shake her head. You sighed, there was still a long way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor McGonnagall had yours and James' classes moved together so that the first class you both took was transfiguration.

"C'mon James, let's sit at the front, I love this class."

James winced, "Can't we sit in the back, I don't want to be directly in McGonnagall's line of fire." 

The two of you death glared each other. McGonnagall entered the room while the two of you were still staring intensely at each other. The room had already been filled up and there were two seats on opposite ends of the room, both in the third row back. James took the one opposite the door and you went to the one closest to the door before being jerked back into James. 

"Oof." James said as you snapped into him and the two of you fell to the floor, breaking the desk. 

Everyone laughed, even McGonnagall cracked a short smile. "Y/n get off of me." James muttered. 

You did just that, hopping up and blushing beat red. McGonnagall cleared up two front row seats for you and James in the middle of the row. You wished you could say you were happy, but with all the laughing and whispers at your expense, you wanted nothing more than to be in a dark back corner. You could tell James did too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a horrible day of embarrassment, you and James were on edge. You walked down to the lake, for some reason, James complied when you ordered him to come with you to read by the lake. You sat by a nice normal weeping willow and opened your book. James sat beside you, tapping his foot. 

In about 5 minutes he got bored, but he didn't say anything, he just got up. You watched him out of the corner of your eye. He didn't walk away however, you noticed he'd made a pile of rocks. He had one in his hand, he tossed it across the lake and it skipped 4 times. Fascinated, you pulled your head out of your book and James picked up another and this one skipped 6 times. 

After about the 5th time he skipped a rock, you closed your book and stood beside him. "How are you doing that?" You asked. 

James smirked and you blushed a little, "It's easy. Pick a rock." You picked up a smooth black rock. "Hold it in your hand like this." He put his thumb on the top and turned his wrist to the side. You copied. "Then toss it." He flicked his wrist and it skipped 5 times on the lake surface. You tossed it and it plunked in the water. James laughed, "Haha, too much wrist. Try again." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n, sorry I haven't updated in forever, I've been updating other stories, don't worry I will be making a part 3. I hope you liked this one! Part 3 will be the final of these, so it might be pretty long. Thanks for reading and have a lovely day! <3