Fred Weasley x Reader: The Potter Boy

You were talking to Harry on your way out of the library. Hermione had told you both to shove off and let her read. Which was expected in an unexpected way, y'know?

Anyways you were just walking out when you ran into a very annoying figure, like directly into him. You fell backwards and Harry held out a hand, you took it and saw that the person you had run into was none other than Fred Weasley. 

"I should've known, Fred Weasley. Lost all your valuable prank items so you resulted to ramming into random girls eh?" You cringed at that sentence, like why did you even try. 

"For your information, no, that was an accident. What're you two doing?" He asked, eyeing Harry and you. 

"Just heading out for a walk after so much studying." You answered with a beam. 

"Can I join?" He asked. 

"Three's a crowd." Harry said. 

"Exactly." Fred answered, following after you, ignoring the eye roll that came from Harry's brilliant eyes. 

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry had left after Fred had begun making too many jokes about him. Especially when he brought up the pretty Ravenclaw seeker, Cho Chang. 

This left you alone with Fred on the bridge looking into the water. "Y'know George was planning on asking this girl out, she said yes. But then she asked him if he was me or him. She didn't even know he was George." I burst out laughing, why was that so funny. Maybe it was just because Fred said it. 

"Hey Fred, that reminds me, who're you planning on asking to the Yule Ball?" You asked. 

He shrugged, tossing a rock into the lake below. "I don't know, who do you hope asks you?" He asked. 

You thought about it, it wouldn't be half bad if Fred asked you, you'd certainly say yes, so without thinking you blurted, "Harry." 

Fred turned to look at you, "Really? Of all people. I thought that you weren't one of them." He said with an attitude, anger lingering in his dark brown eyes. 

"What do you mean one of them?" You replied back sassily. 

"I mean one of those girls who just like guys because they're famous." He said. 

"I am not one of those girls." You argued. 

"Then why do you like him?" He asked with a pointed look. 

You didn't answer.

"Exactly." Fred said, turning away. 

"Fred!" You called after him but he didn't answer and kept walking, leaving you staring after him desperately. 

                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry came back into the common room from the owl tower, looking flushed and he sat beside you. 

He didn't exactly look well, but then again neither did you. "So." You said to him. 

"So." He said back and at the same time you asked the same question; "Who was it?" 

Then you laughed, "You first." He said. 

"No you." You told him. 

He nodded, "Fair enough." He waited and you looked into his eyes as he watched the crackling fire. "I just asked Cho to go to the ball with me." He whispered just loud enough for you to hear him.