Chapter 6 : New Day

Y/N POV

"Y/N... Y/N wake up." I opened my eyes to see a guy with a plate of bacon and eggs in his hands. My vision was still blurry.
"Wait, Laurence? How did you?" I saw him smile. Finally I can see properly. He grinned.
"Well I couldn't let such a beautiful lady go unnoticed, so I got you breakfast in bed." I could feel myself blushing. Gah who cares! Compliments and breakfast sound good.
"Thanks, you didn't have to." He shock his head and handed me the plate.
"Oh yeah I did, for you, annnnd because Aphmau wants you to be a guard." I almost spat out my bacon. He scratched the back of his neck.
"I told her how good of a fighter you are, and she would like to see it. You don't have to if you don't want to." I kicked the covers off and stood up while still eating.
"Oh it's fine, I don't mind. When is it?" He smiled.
"In a couple hours." I slowly nodded while I finished my eggs.
"Y'know, your an awesome cook." He grinned.
"Why of course, I am THE best." I giggled, he gave me a confused look.
"You should meet my brother, he's real good at cooking." He took my empty plate and started to walk out.
"You can't beat the best, that's like a known fact." I laughed. He shut my door.

It took me a few minutes but I changed. I wore my special armour. Iron boots with connecting iron shin pads, black short shorts, a utility belt with daggers on it and special arrows, a dark F/C shirt and of course, my F/C cape on, it had iron shoulder pads on it. I grabbed my bow, it was all I really needed. My bow was holstered on my back, it poked out from behind my cape, it was really long. I walked down stairs to see that Laurence was playing with D/N. I giggled. He immediately turned to me and he jaw was open. He stood and straightened.
"Your such a cute warrior." I blushed a bit and gave him a hug. He was surprised but hugged back tight.
"Thanks for waiting AND for breakfast."
"If hugs are the price for breakfast, then I think I'll do this more often." I laughed, and finally we let go of each other. It felt like forever, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. I could see that he was slightly blushing as well.

We started to walk out the door when D/N came bounding out and away.
"Shouldn't he stay with you?" He asked. I shock my head.
"He's never ran away, he's just gonna go explore. It's fine." He nodded and we continued to the guard tower. It was close to the gate and there was a guy standing outside.
"Hey Laurence." They high-fived. The guy had navy blue hair, same as his eyes.
"So your that new cute girl that beat up Lawrence and Garroth, how's living here been?" He smiled and I couldn't help but chuckle at the beating up part. Laurence was pouting.
"It's been great, thanks. My names Y/N." He outstretched his hand and I took it.
"Names Dante, nice to finally meet you." I shook it then he took me and Laurence inside. Laurence said he needed to check something so I went with Dante to the break room. He handed me a coffee, I thanked him and drank up. It was really good. We talked about small things, it was nice.
"Hey Y/N! Good morning." I came back from my coffee trance to see Garroth walking towards me with a coffee as well.
"Hey, morning Garroth." I smiled.
"Are you going to be fighting someone for a place in the guards?" I nodded, he seemed happy yet scared. Dante looked at me.
"Dang, you gotta show me how well a princess can fight. Sure they're pretty but I've never seen one fight." He said this while sipping his coffee. Gah there's that word. I half smiled at him.
"Hah, sure they can fight. I've just always trained myself, so I'm relatively good at it." I beamed. Garroth grinned.
"Relatively doesn't even begin to describe how well you can fight." I smiled at him. He's over exaggerating, but he hasn't seen anything yet. I wonder how they'll react though?
"Hehe thanks, you guys were good, just too bad I won." I smirked and they both chuckled. Dante set his cup down, I guess he was done. He looked at me again.
"I also heard that you have special powers, can't wait to see that." He waved as he walked out. What?! Does everyone know that? I looked to Garroth and he was staring again. He looked down and blushed when he noticed I was looking at him, I felt myself blush too.
"So, um, you know who I'm meant to be fighting?" I sipped my coffee and leaned against the bench behind me. He looked back at me and paused for a second, then grinned.
"You're gonna be fighting me and my friends."

-