Chapter 30 : One Shock After Another

Your POV

We told Aphmau everything. Well, almost everything. I told most of the story, the guys filling in the blanks I had skipped. She stared at me in a silent and concerned gaze. It looks like she's tearing up. We were sitting on her couch, Aaron, however, stayed standing after numerous pleads from Aphmau to sit. D/N was lying in Aph's garden.
"I, I can't believe that happened.." She said with a look of guilt. I half smile. "Well I'm glad you all are back safe." She says, giving a bright smile. I nod. Suddenly, her door is smashed down. I immediately get up and reach for my bow on the table, the guys stand as well. I freeze when I see who it is.
"WHERE WERE YOU?!" I get run over by a speeding Nathan in what I think was an attempt at a hug. He quickly pulls me off the floor and hugs me tightly.
"Do you know how worried I was?! Don't do that again!" He was still shouting, but quieter.
"I'll tell that to the assassins next time." I say jokingly, struggling to breathe from his grasp. I hear snickers from the couch. I don't think he noticed.
"Whatever, I'm glad your back." I pat his back reassuringly.

He finally puts me down and scans my figure. His eyes land on my arms. The blood stained shredded remains of my cape, standing out like a wolf in a chicken pen. I half smile. His eyes turn bright red. He grabs my hand and yanks me out of the building. The guys stand and follow us, Aphmau catching up behind them. His grip is strong and warm.
"Where are we going?" I say struggling to match his pace. He doesn't look at me.
"Lucindas." I almost fall over, but he yanks me back up. Why Lucindas?

I turn behind me to see the guys and Aph following us with confused looks. I wave at them and turn back to the front. We were here. He opens the door and drags me inside.
"I'm surprised you didn't break it." He scoffs.
"I'm surprised I didn't burn it." He mutters. "Lucinda!" He calls out. A few seconds later Lucinda walks down the stairs in a black and purple dress and a witches hat.
"You know there's a thing called-" She stops when she sees me. She dashes over and hugs me.
"Oh my Irene! I'm glad your back!" She lets go after awhile. "Are you okay dear?" She looks me up and down and notices the bandages. A gasp leaves her mouth. I smile awkwardly.
"It's fine I swear." He looks sternly at me.
"That's not fine. Hang on." She dashes to her kitchen. I usher for the others to come in. They awkwardly sit on the couch, with Aphmau standing up next to me and Nathan. Lucinda rushes in a few seconds later with a light red potion. She pops the cork open and dips a small brush into it.
"Okay, this'll sting a little." Sister, you don't know the half of pain. I thought.

She sits me down on a stool next to a workbench in her basement. I guess this is where she does her potion making. The wall were stacked with books, recipes, materials and wands. There were potion bottles on a tray filled with different colored liquids and ancient looking books opened to weird looking pages. Wow. She removes the bandages carefully.
"Careful, it's pretty ugly." She nods and takes off the bandages on my left arm. The guys watch intently from the other side of the room with concerned expressions. Aph watches anxiously from behind Lucinda. She winces when she see the large, red gashes. Arrow marks.
"That's going to leave a scar." She says as she pours cold water on the wound.

I watch as she clean the wound with disinfectant and dips the brush into the potion pot. The brush is now stained with a light red coloring. She carefully spreads the ooze across the wound. It stings sure, but not as bad as I've recently experienced. Red particles seep into my skin. Lucinda then wraps new bandages around my forearm. She unwraps and throws away the bandages on my other arm. Her eyes went wide. Yikes that looks bad. The bite mark was evident, but the ripped and tattered skin hid it well. It looks like someone tried to messily saw my arm off.
"What happened to this arm?" She asked worried. I worriedly chuckle.
"Well, it was, um, D/N..." Her face now turned to a confused look. My brother walks up.
"D/N couldn't have done that." His face was pale. He put a hand on my shoulder. Lucinda started to cleanse it. I look sadly at him.
"You should see him now. He's not the pup I saved a few months ago, Nathan." He raises an eyebrow.
"How so?" I look back to my arm, she was now bandaging it back up with clean, white strips of bandaid. I stand up and smile brightly.
"Thanks so much Lucinda, tell me whenever you need a favor." She nods.
"I'll be sure to remember, and it's no problem darling." I turn to Nathan.
"I'll show you."

We all walked back to Aphmau's house, with me and Nathan ahead. We go through Aphs house to her garden. Nathan eyes went wide when he say him. Although he wasn't a problem for me, Nathan seeing a huge ball of crystal and fluff sunbathing in the grass patch was scary. I chuckle and walk over to him, I get stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. I turn to see Nathan's wide eyed expression.
"Are you sure, that that's..?" I smile and rip my wrist from his grasp. I walk over and flop on the ground next to the big, white lump. He perks up when I land next to him. He sniffs me and licks my face. I laugh and pet him. I sit up and smile triumphantly at my shocked brother. D/N sits up and stares goofily with his tongue hanging out at Nathan.
"Despite what he did and what he is now, he's an angel."