Chapter 23 : Her Sadness

Your POV

I wake to feel a pain shoot through my body. I groan and start tearing up. It hurts so much... I lean my head back, tossing H/C hair out of my face. I whip my head to the direction of the door and hear yelling.
"I'm authorized to be where I please, now MOVE!" I hear shuffling and the jingle of keys. I look fearfully at the door. Who's gonna hurt me now? I watch the door swing open. A figure with black hair and ice blue eyes appear, he's wearing a mask below his eyes. He's wearing silver and black armor with a black cape. His eyes widen in horror.
"W-Who are you?" He stutters. I chuckle.
"Y/N, and you?" I struggle to say. My throats is dry so it come out hoarse. He pauses.
"Zane." He walks towards me and holds my chin.
"What did he do to you..." He whispers. I half smile. He looks into my eyes. His ice blue eyes wash through me. What is he doing?
"Your eyes, what's their usual color?" I raise and eyebrow.
"E/C" He gives me a shocked look. I tilt my head.
"They're now red." {Sorry if your eye color is normally red, just imagine that it's a deep, blood red}
"Oh goodie..." I say dryly. He stands out and leaves. I sigh. He comes back a moment later with a water bottle and more keys. He kneels down and unlocks my chains. The metallic thump of the chains echoes. I stretch my hands and hold my cut wrists. That hurt... He gives me the water bottle and starts unlocking the chains on my legs and stomach. I stand and stretch, sculling the water.
"Thanks, why'd you do that?" I smile while still holding my wrists.
"I know of what you've done and who you are... I'm sorry he's done this to you..." I tilt my head.
"You're fine, just hurt like heck is all." He sighs. I sit back down.
"What do you do to relax?" I give him a confused look.
"What do you mean?" He pauses.
"I heard he's trying to turn you into a Shadow Knight, if your relaxed, it could slow the process down." He explains. I nod.
"Well... Singing normally calms me."
"Well, try it." I smile. I try feeling for my Energy magicks. I feel a tiny bit. Enough to produce a song. I inhale. I focus my Energy to my hands, a dull F/C circle made up of hexagons appears. Zane's slightly taken aback from the circle appearing. I ignore it and start the song.

Play song.

Mama was a bit naive, and her Daddy was a blinded thief
He went and stole away what was left of the remains of a family
She'd hide away behind a door she kept locked
But the walls weren't thick enough to block out
Angry noises of the voices that once soothed her to sleep

And she lies tonight underneath a caving roof
And she cries tonight wondering what she can do
And she tries tonight remembering who she once knew
But they've died inside
Another empty bottle takes a life.

This world can be so cruel
She lives her life as a broken tool
And she believes she's unable to fix this broken machine
And what's the use to throw yourself at love
If in the end it never seems enough
To be able to get through all of life's broken dreams
She watched her father live in regret
Heard her mother cry in an empty bed
And she swears this is the best life gets

And she lies tonight underneath a caving roof
And she cries tonight wondering what she could do
And she tries tonight but she's out of memories that she once knew
And she dies inside
Another empty bottle takes a life.

And every little bit, every little bit of her wants to see that light
Oh, but every single night another little bit of her dies inside
She's trapped in her mind
She feels more alive, she feels more alive in her own dreams
And she's wondering
What's beyond the sky, could she see the light if she falls asleep
'Cause she feels more alive in her own dreams

So tonight she lies, lifted up through her own roof
Dried eyes tonight, there's nothing more that she could do
And they cry tonight, a daughter that they hardly knew
And she's lost in time
Another empty bottle takes a life.

Zane's POV

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. How did she create music? I feel myself blushing, thankfully I'm wearing my mask. She's rather beautiful and strong actually... Gah, don't think that. I know I've heard of her before, I just can't place what her village is... She was staring at the ground for most of the song. She looked up at me and smiled, her H/L H/C falling to her shoulders. I look into her eyes. They had gone from completely red to now red with E/C appearing around her pupil. It seems to be working. I have some questions.
"How did you create that music?" She pauses.
"Well, I can manipulate sound frequencies by using Energy to make a melody." I nod.
"This Energy power is what He wants, isn't it?" She sadly nods.
"I'd guess so, he gave me a potion to disable it while I was unconscious, but I've managed to break through a little and use some." I run a hand through my hair.
"Did you use the last of it while creating that song?" She grins and nods.
"Yeah, I probably shouldn't have though."
"Well, your song was beautiful nonetheless, what was it about." She lightly blushes.
"Well, it was about my broken family. You see, my father is the Lord of V/N, he's pretty cruel, and my mother is a lovely lady who tried to protect me. He would attack her when she tried to protect me. She ran away, and left us alone..." She mumbled the last bit, but I still heard it. That's... awful. V/N though, that sounds familiar. Have I been there before?
"I'm sorry to hear that."

Dante's POV

We've heard and seen everything. Zane! Why is he being so nice! All the guys glare at him. This isn't the usual Zane we've heard of. What happened to him? It's pretty weird, we can hear them, so I guess it's eavesdropping. Still, I'm glad he's helped her out, she seems to be doing better. Her song was sad, but delicate and lovely at the same time. I never knew her family was that corrupted... Travis speaks up.
"Why is he being so nice? I thought he was ruthless... What's he planning?" I'm guessing he was thinking out loud. We all exchanged looks, agreeing with his mumbling. We turned our attention back to room. The iron door swings open, Y/N's expression turned to anger, Zane's face turns from happy to a bitter anger, a dark figure appears.