Chapter 7 : The Battle

Garroth's POV

Okay, maybe I should've said 5 people instead of that. She looked worried. Good one Garroth, gah.
"D-Don't worry, it's just 4 people including me." She looked at me and then back down and sighed.
"I don't wanna hurt you guys.." Okay now I just feel bad. And what is up with me stuttering?!
"It's all fine, w-we're trained to take hits, so you shouldn't feel bad." I gave her a crooked smile. She looked back up and smiled. I felt myself smile too.
"Thanks for the assurance."
"No problem." She paused then said.
"So who exactly am I fighting?" I was kinda afraid of this question. We're all trained guards, it's a little unfair, even if she's amazing at combat.

Your POV

I really didn't want to hurt him and his friends... What is happening to me!? I used to not care about my opponents feelings, these guys have softened me. Ugh. I was ripped from my thoughts when he started to speak. He seemed nervous.
"It's me, Laurence, Dante, and 2 two guys who you haven't met yet." Yikes, 5 v 1, not what I had thought. I thought it was like two or something. I can deal with five though. I've dealt with worse. I'll try not to use my powers, that's too much of an overkill.
"The other two are Travis and Aaron. Travis had white hair and green eyes, he's, um, a HUGE pervert and flirt..." I slowly nodded. First Laurence now this guy?
"Aaron though, is rather quiet, he's really skilled in combat though. He has black hair, he, um, normally wears a hood and bandana though." I nodded again. I can understand, I didn't want people to fully know my identity when I was running. Now I don't really care as much.
I finished my coffee and placed the cup on the bench, Garroth also finished his. I smiled at him.
"Thanks, could you show me where it is?" He agreed and we walked outside the walls.
"Y-You look very b-beautiful in your armour." Dang boy, why you gotta be so cute? I blushed.
"Hehe, thanks. I mostly use this for missions but today's special." He nodded.

We walked an arena a bit of a long way outside the gates. It was quite big. There were bleachers that had people in them and the doorway was full of people with snacks. Guess people want a good fight. I saw Garroth hesitantly take my hand and lead me through the crowd.
"Whew we made it, thanks for that." I was slightly blushing, him, on the other hand was a tomato.
"I-It's no p-problem, t-this way." He let go and I followed him to a room behind the bleachers.

There was a hall and then a huge locker room. There were 4 guys in there, two sitting on a bench, one standing against a locker and one just standing, they seemed to be talking. Garroth motioned for me to follow, and so I did. As I got closer, I recognised two of them and recalled the other two from Garroth's descriptions. They all looked my way as we walked in. They all were in their armour. They were all staring at me. The Travis guy was the first to speak.
"Hey baby, I can't believe we're all fighting such a pretty flower. I think it's a little overkill." He winked at me. I couldn't help but lightly laugh. He is cute, I'll give him that.
"Nice to meet you too, I believe you're Travis." He grinned.
"Yes it is, but you can call me your boyfr-." He suddenly got smacked by Laurence.
"Sorry about him, he's a flirt." I laughed.
"It's quite all right," I turned to see a guy wearing a bandana. That must be Aaron.
"And you must be Aaron, it's nice to meet you." I smiled. He spoke quietly.
"It's nice to meet you too." I shrugged it off, he's just a tad shy I guess. That's when Aphmau came in.
"Hey Y/N! Nice armour! I'm assuming you've met the guys?" She look really excited.
"Hey Aph, thank you and yes I just did." Her eyes lit up.
"Great! You guys should get on the battlefield. Good luck!" And with that she ran out of the room. I looked at them.
"No hard feelings. Good luck you guys!" They all nodded and with that I walked out.

The arena was set up nicely. Not as big as other ones I've seen, but it's still cool. The crowd went wild as I walked out onto the middle of it. The grass was nice and green. I waved to them. Why are they excited to see me? Bet they'll cheer louder why the guys come out. It was a minute before they did come out, and what do ya know, I was right. I could feel myself going deaf from it. We went to different ends of the oval, boys got their side and I got mine. There was a buzzer that went off and three coloured flags. Red, yellow, green. I knew what that meant. The red flag went down, then the yellow then the green was waved. Two of them rushed towards me. Dante and Laurence. I quickly grabbed my bow and shot some arrows at them. Shot, miss, shot shot, miss, miss. Uh oh. They came closer until they were a few feet away. I quickly sprung up and landed on Dante, causing him to fall. I jumped off him as Laurence went to attack me. He had a big sword, that's for sure. I dodged, grabbed the sword with the middle of my bow and, with all my might and a little big of Energy, flipped him over my head and straight to the ground. I felt bad, that looked like it hurts.

I whipped around to see Garroth, Aaron and Travis all running towards me with their swords out. I jump back to avoid Aaron's swing then I nail him in the head with a punch, he momentarily pauses, just enough time for me to deal with Garroth. Garroth was ahead of Travis so I knew who to take out first. I zoned out the crowds cheers and shook so I could focus. Garroth swung with one arm, so when I dodged, I grabbed his other, pinned him on the ground and put an arrow through his armour. It didn't pierce him or anything, it was just to keep him there. Aaron was back swinging at me. I managed to evade his swings until I sensed Dante getting up. So I crouch and kick Aaron's feet from underneath him, he falls on Garroth. I turned around and swiftly uppercut Dante. I whipped back around to kick Travis in the jaw. He fell almost immediately. All five were on the ground, so that means I win. The buzzer rings again and I tune back in to the crowds cheers. I helped all the guys back up, they were a little mad but they still were semi happy. Garroth was trapped on the ground so I took out the arrow and helped him up. He was a mix of a angry, scared and relieved tomato. Travis hugged me from behind, but I could tell he was upset about his jaw. I saw the guys glaring at him, what for? Aphmau came and hugged me, I hugged back. She announced that I was now apart of the Phoenix Drop guards, it's felt nice to be apart of something with such great people. I gave them all hugs. My way of saying 'Sorry I kicked your butt'. After everyone cleared out, I went back to the village. People congratulated me and I thanked them.

-

WHEW, that was a lotta words. Hope you enjoyed. Not the best at fight scenes D: