Chapter 15 : Interesting Patrol

Your POV

I had woke up again to the smell of bacon and eggs. Laurence has been making me breakfast lately. He's been really welcoming during this whole ordeal, so have the other guards. I close the door and we walk to the guard tower. I was wearing my armor with my bow holstered on my back, my F/C cape whipped in the breeze behind me.
"Do you know what your duties are today?" I turn to look at him. I smile.
"Nope. Do you know yours?" He shakes his head.
"They just got updated apparently, so for once your not the last to look." He smirks at me. I look straight ahead to the guard tower. I scoff.
"I'm not the one who lives there. Actually, why don't you guys get houses?" I ask.
"Well, we like living there, it's just easier." He replies. I nod to myself.
"What if another guard wants to live there? Do you guys just have to bunk together?" He chuckles.
"Well yeah, we'll have to drag in another bed, but..." He pauses and smirks at me. "If you ever wanted to live there, you're always welcomed to sleep with me." He winks and I laugh.
"I'll pass, Nathan would set you on fire if he found out." He pouts. Our conversation is cut short when we arrive. Laurence stands next to the door and motions for me to go in.
"Ladies first." I smile and waltz in. We both walk to the job board and search for our names. Laurence puts his head on my shoulder, I try to push him off but he resists, I eventually give up and look at the board. I see my name and see that I have outside patrol with Dante. Cool. Laurence on the other hand, sighs. I look at him.
"And your problem is?"
"You have patrol with Dante and not me, that's my problem." I giggle.
"Don't worry, maybe next time yeah?" I pat his head. Wow his hair is soft.
"Yeah, thanks for the sympathy pat." I laugh.
"No worries, your hair is super soft." He rubs his head against my cheek. I chuckle.
"Okay flirty, I gotta go do that job." He stands up straight and pouts.
"Fine. But I have a question." I look at him.
"And what's that?" He smirks.
"You gotta show me how you made music." I give him a confused look.
"How did you know I can do that?" He chuckles.
"The day we met you, you were singing and making music. That's how we found you." I felt myself blushing a little.
"Oh, I didn't know you guys heard me... Can I show you later?" He pouted, but then lightened up.
"Sure, I'll come by after your shift." I nod.
"Yup. I gotta go, see you later!" I yell while running out the tower, heading to the gate. Time for my shift.

Dante's POV

Yes! I have patrol with Y/N! I really want to get to know her more.
"Aww man, why do you get that job?" Travis complains. I shrug.
"I don't know, but I'm glad."
"Yeah because you got it with Y/N." Well, he's not wrong.
"You're not wrong, and besides, I like being outside the walls." Travis chuckles.
"Whatever buddy, have fun with that." He waves as he walks out. I walk out after grabbing my sword and head for the gates

I wait for a few minutes until I hear someone call my name.
"Hey Dante!" I whip my head around to see Y/N jogging up to me.
"Hey Y/N, you ready?" She nods. I signal for the gates to be opened. It slowly opens and we waltz out.
"Which way?" I point to the left and we start walking. The clinking of the gate closing echoes.
"So, what do we have to do exactly?" She looks at me. I smile.
"We just walk around the walls looking for any suspicious activity." She looks ahead and nods. Her H/C waves in the soft wind and her E/C looks through the trees for any signs. Gah, I've probably dove in too far. We make small talk for awhile.
"Before you were found by Garroth and Laurence. How was your life?" She pauses and answers.
"Well, not really good. Every few months I would change where I lived. I lived in Scaleswind for the longest because the people there were the nicest. I would run away when someone recognized me and would try to claim my bounty." Woah. I look down.
"How much was your bounty?" She looks ahead.
"Well, it's still 5,000 diamonds I believe, maybe more."
"Woah..." I near whisper. She smiles.
"If you really wanted, you could knock me out and take that." She giggles.
"I'd never, you're too much of a nice person to do that. And strong might I add."
"Thanks, I'd still escape and come back here though." I give her a puzzled look.
"If someone from here turned you in, why would you come back?" She shrugs.
"I feel, somewhat at home here, and everyone's so nice here. I don't like running from friends." We talk for awhile more. We've walked past around most of the wall. Nothing suspicious yet.

"Hey, you hear that?" I ask looking around around. I swear I heard a branch break just then. Y/N turns her head.
"Hang on..." She closes her eyes. What is she doing? I suddenly feel something sweep through me. I look down and see nothing. She opens her eyes and looks slightly behind up, in the woods.
"Three people with weapons." I follow her gaze and see nothing. She tilts her head up and pulls out her bow from behind her cape. She doesn't take her eye off the trees while she pulls back an arrow. I guess they're in the trees. She quickly points the bow and arrow up and let's go. A scream is heard and something hits the ground with a thump. It's looks to be a bandit, but now with an arrow in its shoulder. The other two jump down and put their hands up.
"What's your business?" Y/N says. They look nervous.
"W-we um, we were just leaving!" They quickly grab their companion on the ground and hightail it out into the forest.

Your POV

When I can't see them anymore, I turned to see Dante's shocked face. I smile brightly.
"How did you do that?!" I giggle at his surprise.
"I can sense their auras, so I knew where they were. So thanks for telling me." I reply.
"Sense their auras? How so?" We continue walking.
"Well, I can send an invisible wave of energy within a certain radius. Then when I close my eyes, I see white outlines of anyone near. It's really helpful." Dante's mouth drops. I giggle.
"You're incredible." He says while looking at me. His blue eyes look at me kindly.
"So that's what I felt earlier." He says, still staring. I nod breaking the stare, blushing slightly.
"Yup. It's feels like dull Energy, way duller then what I could transfer." He pauses.
"Could you, um, transfer energy to me? I'd like to know what it feels like..." Aw he's blushing. I nod.
"Sure! Just give me your hand." I smile and step closer. I take his hand in both of my hands. He puts his other hand over mine. I look up to his face and smile. I look down slightly and close my eyes. I feel energy pulsing through my hands to him. I open my eyes to see Dante's calm eyes looking into mine. He's blushing and I can feel myself blushing as well. F/C particles flow down my arms and disappear when they reach his hands. I watch the particles flow, feeling myself get drained a little. I look back up to feel lips crashing into mine. I melt into the kiss. We pull apart and become blushing wreaks. I stop the flow and let my hands fall to my sides.
"H-How do you feel?" He smiles.
"Better then ever." He chuckles at my surprise.
"Good. Just gonna let you know, you'll be fidgety all day from that." I can't help but laugh.
"Well it was worth it." We walked all around the walls perimeter. Soon we reached the gate, Dante signaled for it to open and we strolled in. We went to the guard tower to grab a drink.
"Hey, catch." I turn to Dante as he chucks a water bottle at me.
"Thanks." I say as I catch it and take a sip. I stand up remembering something.
"Thanks for the fun shift Dante, but I gotta go. Somewhere I need to be." He frowns.
"Okay, and thanks as well. See you later!"

I wave as I walk out of the break room. It's getting dark. I walk home in the orange sunset. I open the door to see D/N rolling on the floor. He runs up to me when he spots me. I pick him up and hug him. Now. When will Laurence get here?